PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I do not count Battlestar Galactica 1980 as a reboot... or a sequel...
The 1980 original was kids show. The 2004 cable version is like night and day in tone and substance.
but the Cylons coming to Earth to attack Wolfman Jack was too much for my child-mind to accept. Do you guys remember that?
I only wish they’d been more successful.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Oh, another suicide and/or baby drama.

I watched the first two seasons breathlessly when it came out. By the end of the third, I had decided to give the fourth and final season 3 episodes to bring back the science fiction and drop the soap opera. Thirteen years later, have yet to see the finale.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Though it didn't fair nearly as well, BG's prequel Caprica is worth watching.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
In the trade, we used to refer to the original Battlestar Gallactica as Battlestar Galaxative.
But but but. . .is it excessively plot-driven? yes. Is the emotion too broadly derived yes, but "Remains of the Day" it isn't, nor does it try to be. In fact, it's just right for me as I'm always reading or writing in the main window while I stream in another, smaller window.I lose the narrative with something subtle.

You have to remember that the millions of fat people eating popcorn and drinking beer is the intended audience, and their certainly not chasing subtle.

Plus, the original has Katie Sackhoff.

Reactions: sablebrush52