PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
As a member of the crew I'd be in sick bay with a diagnosis of utter exhaustion within 24 hours of duty, The whirlwind of my job, my friends in sick and dying, who's a Ceylon, and if so are they currently friend or foe, Galactica itself holding steady or terminal and the status of the organic goop to patch her, the untold number of losses of people and places, and finally the lack of a firm destination once Earth is found to be far too soon post-nuclear would quite soon render me incoherent and incompetent.

Constantly very interesting, especially Galactica and Raptors in space battling the Ceylons.

Reactions: lightxmyfire

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
So worth watching then?
An acknowledged classic.
It is an immersive universe and if you like SciFi it is worth the leap into binging. Like all television it is uneven in quality at times but it generally holds up very well and is not a kids show.
Much darker and denser than the original. The Gayatri Mantra plays as each episode begins.

Last edited:

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
With Internet TV, I've been able to rewatch the Lorne Greene/Dirk Benedict version. (1980 or so and the original AND a guest spot from Jane Seymour?) Loved that series as a kid. To keep this to something appropriate for this discussion, when I worked very briefly at Sherlock's Haven in San Francisco in my early 20s in the 1990s, where Benedict would come in for cigars. Benedict always seemed to have very attractive young ladies with him.

Dirk Benedict should thank his agent. He landed Battlestar Galactica and A-Team in the early 80s.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Dunno. Edward James Olmos and Mary Donnell.

Gauis Baltar should have been marooned somewhere with some food, a firearm and a knife. What a transparent pain-in-the-ass if not a mischief-maker.
Ah, the remake. Loved its spin on the original's finale.?

I do not count Battlestar Galactica 1980 as a reboot... or a sequel... in fact, I like to pretend it didn’t happen. At that age I could live with Viper pilots riding around on flying motorcycles, but the Cylons coming to Earth to attack Wolfman Jack was too much for my child-mind to accept. Do you guys remember that?