PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Lighter and a wet paper towel.

I tried this but with a kitchen torch. I melted and burnt 4 pipes. They still smoked but looked awful. I cried at first but I live near the Museum Of Contemporary Art in Chicago and sometimes smoke on their steps. A few of their patrons saw me smoking and thought I was performance art and the evils of smoking. I sold those pipes for $6,300 and signed some autographs. I tried melting more pipes and selling them again but security chased me out for not giving them a cut last time.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I tried this but with a kitchen torch. I melted and burnt 4 pipes. They still smoked but looked awful. I cried at first but I live near the Museum Of Contemporary Art in Chicago and sometimes smoke on their steps. A few of their patrons saw me smoking and thought I was performance art and the evils of smoking. I sold those pipes for $6,300 and signed some autographs. I tried melting more pipes and selling them again but security chased me out for not giving them a cut last time.
Okay, so no more non destructive pipe restoration tips and videos from me; check.?

• Haha
Reactions: hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Okay, so no more non destructive pipe restoration tips and videos from me; check.?

No, you Keep making them and if I can figure out how to screw up the process and monetize them, well split the profits! That way we play to our strengths. We just have to target the wealthy that think junk is art.

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
Well, I didn't see you video but I did try your method today and it worked really well. Two heavily oxidized stems now look very good. One is a Barling and I could not see the crossed Barlings on the stem - even with magnifier and strong light. After the treatment they were there! I am going to keep experimenting with this method and see how it goes.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.