Which do you prefer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Until somebody started talking about these things on a forum last year, I had (despite pipe smoking since 1973) never heard of 'em until then.

They look to be quite practical for anybody who wears garb with extra pockets (or carries some kind of back-pack -- or in a lady piper's purse), but I can't say I desire to walk around with hard objects of such size in a front pocket in the way of the hip's free movement.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Re the Morgan Flapjack, where can it be purchased? looked on Morgan’s website, but couldn’t find it.

I would gladly use either one, if one came along in my path. But, I just use one of the empty square tins or (may favorites) are those small rectangular Estoerica tins. They fit in my jacket pocket perfectly. I really don't need air tight, but the tins seem to do just fine. And, if I am taking the tobacco with me, I've already dried it down really well anyways.

I guess I have a hybrid. It’s not Bakelite and it’s not plastic. It also doesn’t screw together. View attachment 17483
View attachment 17484

I couldn't resist when I saw this beautiful Scott Tinker creation of @litup (thanks for getting me his contact info) and being a huge fan of his Zeppelin tampers.... I contacted him and commissioned one for myself.

It is almost finished and I can't wait! He sent me a sneak preview and I thought I would share for any of you who are interested or are thinking about one of these.

It's made of Rosewood (heartwood) with Snake wood and Holly wood inlays, and the center medallion is Woolly Mammoth. The man does AMAZING work. I am looking forward to seeing it in person:

20200318_133839 (2).jpg
When it arrives I will put up some pics of it along with my 3 Tinker Tampers.

Gubbins

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2020
Those are cool and more stylish than these aluminum tins. They're cheap, small and very light weight. Great if you want to take multiple blends with you instead of a lot of one blend.

aluminum tins.PNG

Reactions: Casual

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I really want one of these now. The Morgan one seems less sophisticated and cool though. How easy is it to get one made like the above and is there a price range idea anyone can offer?

Reactions: docrameous

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I always thought flapjacks were pancakes. Then when I became a head baker at a cookie bakery, I learned that a flapjack is also an English biscuit. NOW I learn a flapjack is also a tobacco pouch?
Same. I think of flapjacks as pancakes. I recall people in Ireland referring to granola bars as flapjacks.

Reactions: BROBS and jpmcwjr

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
Baccyflap, not because it's nostalgic.

Firstly it get me really excited to see those stuff quality.

The chosen material especially the brown "birdseye" is a piece of art on it's own. The deep boardeux is also good but a bit outdated and unicolored.

It doesn't have a big rabbit logo, ruining my aesthetics and my excitement on the tobacco inside.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I always thought flapjacks were pancakes. Then when I became a head baker at a cookie bakery, I learned that a flapjack is also an English biscuit. NOW I learn a flapjack is also a tobacco pouch?
Just think, it could also be self gratification for someone that hasn't been circumsised.

• Wow
Reactions: Kozeman
Status
Not open for further replies.