PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I used that same book last year for my fist ever gardening project - 24 tobacco plants (4 varieties).

It's really good on basic organic gardening info and tobacco - specific growing info like pests and fertilizer. Not so much on curing after the harvest.

Good luck!

Reactions: sittingbear

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I used that same book last year for my fist ever gardening project - 24 tobacco plants (4 varieties).

It's really good on basic organic gardening info and tobacco - specific growing info like pests and fertilizer. Not so much on curing after the harvest.

Good luck!

So.... how did your leaf turn out? It would be interesting to hear how you liked what you grew. 24 plants sounds like you may have gotten a huge amount for your efforts!

Reactions: sittingbear

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
So.... how did your leaf turn out? It would be interesting to hear how you liked what you grew. 24 plants sounds like you may have gotten a huge amount for your efforts!

Chilllucky Crop 2019 thread

I got about 10 lbs of tobacco. About half of which I've since lost to mold because I didn't dry it down enough for storage. Even still, it's more than I smoke in a year.

If you want to be good at growing tobacco, I would suggest you order some commercially grown leaves from whole leaf tobacco of the variety you've grown towards the end of your season, so you have something to compare thickness, size, and texture to. If you want to be great at growing tobacco, take the air and/or flue cured grading class through the USDA.