Astley Pipes = Re-Stamped Estate Pipes (Photos)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
In this case, GBD may translate to Good Butt Drilling :lol:
Sadly, this whole ordeal has also tarnished a fine grand old brand,

from Astley's to Asstley's it is now... :crying:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
robski,
This very pipe? I guess I have to take your word for it, then. Do you have any insight into how this pipe ended up with jamesupshallpipeco on ebay? If you do, it might help us understand some of the other issues that have been discussed in this thread.

waluljan

Lurker
Aug 16, 2013
@ robski
Well well... But you're not that very "robski" who occasionally sells pipes on ebay.co.uk and offers them in the exactly

same way, as jamesupshallpipeco does? With very same pictures etc. Just for the sake of completeness of this case...
Greetings
Waluljan

robski

Lurker
Aug 30, 2013
Waluljan : the ebay user "robski" is not me, he, or she is canadian and I live in the UK.
Pitchfork: I saw the pipe in question on Wednesday of this week as I had a delivery to make to Moty's house. Moty buys pipes for 2 reasons. First is his own collection, this runs into many thousands. Second he buys some, which are refurbished, so he has something to sell other than Upshall and Astley pipes on ebay - thats what he told me.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Thanks, robski. That's very interesting. This whole thing with Ezrati is just weird, but at best, at least two non-Astley pipes got "mixed up" in the refurbishment process over there and were transformed into "Astleys," one of them made by Bill Taylor (who was actually no longer with us when he "made" the pipe for Astley).

waluljan

Lurker
Aug 16, 2013
Hi,
@ oh! my mistake his ebay-nick was bigrobski
By the way - I thank god for his perfect sense of accuracy! Some rascal in the Uk fakes pipes. After years of selling this faked pipes, it

comes out and becomes a widely discussed topic here. And than - here comes the proof of God's existence - the pizza delivery guy of

this very crook arrives out of the blue to let us know, there is nothing wrong with the whole thing.
Wow, for this coincidence the pipesmagazine forum must be the nexus of the universe!

Greetings
Waluljan

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Robski: That is interesting. Is there a shop folks can visit? Have you seen Barry Jones working there? We have all wondered about him.

robski

Lurker
Aug 30, 2013
No shop - I was just making a delivery to his house.
I did meet Barry Jones about 5 years ago down at the factory in Wiltshire

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
I wonder, what turns this story is going to do next. The tension is killing me. Anybody interested in turning it into a TV series? Can we assume, that as a cliffhanger Barry Jones himself will appear in the last scene of this season?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Peter, LOL. Where's the BBC? I've often toyed with the idea of Barry Jones locked in a dungeon beneath the "big house" -- toiling away, turning estate pipes into Upshalls and Astleys.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
What a thread. My head is pounding and a lovely change from are Dunhill pipes any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.