PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I'm a little surprised by how few knew this. I thought this was common knowledge among tobacco users. It seems to be, at least among most cigarette smokers so perhaps that why, as a lot of pipe smokers have never smoked cigarettes.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Please define low-end bulks .
I was thinking of things like Smoker's Pride and Super Value when I used that term.
I will be very honest - I have not smoked these blends. I am not a big aromatic smoker, for one thing, which is what these are. And although I know there are good tobaccos at prices lower than the premium guys - the codger burleys, and so on - I am very skeptical of the quality of anything way down on the low-end of the price spectrum. I am a firm believer in the idea that, if I am going to have a vice, I am going to do high-quality. I approach tobacco like I approach liquor - I use good stuff. I don't smoke cheap machine made cigars,either. The don't have to be expensive, but they have to be decent quality.
This is not to denigrate anyone that enjoys these blends. I am just very skeptical of their quality, and intend to stay far away from them.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
What about cheap bulks (the stuff you get at Walgreens) or OTC blends? Does anyone know for sure if they do or don't use HTL or CRS?

bnbcigars

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Washington, DC
Wow... that doesn't sound safe at all!! I only use premium pipe tobacco and dip, so hopefully I don't have to worry about this with either of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.