Are You Using Vintage Pipe Racks and Humidors?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have 12, 6-pipe "Fairfax racks in my cabinet. I used a jigsaw to cut the o-circle for stems into u-shapes for my bent pipes, of really any size. I collected them one at a time, as my collection grew.

We had West Highland Terriers for many years, so most of my single stands are Scottie themed (or white Westies!) Some are brass (ish), wooden stands and "Syroco" (a pressed wood like man-made material from the 50-60's).6-Pipe_Rack_Fairfax.JPGScottie_Brass_Pipe_Stand_eBay.JPGScottie_Brass_Single_Stand.JPGScottie_Pipe_Stand_Prone.JPGScottie_Pipe_Stand_Square Base.JPGScottie_Pipe_Stands (2).jpgWestie_3_Pipe_Stand.JPGWestie_Stand.JPG

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I agree. Pipes in a drawer. I get it. But, really, no, I don't get it. We go through this life but once. We average about 840 months. Keeping pipes in drawers? Why. When we depart this earth, someone else will simply toss the drawer and the pipes will go out the door. They need to breathe, be seen, and live in open spaces. Each one is a story and each story is a moment in a long string of moments that should count for something and not be packed away or hidden out of sight. Pipe racks and the old glass humidors, for me anyway, celebrate all that I am and all that came before me. The people who I care about most see these pipes when they see me. They smell these tobaccos when they visit with me in my office. Long after I am gone from this earth, people will remember at least three things; he lived, he was a friend, and he smoked a pipe. Yes, there are other things I would want to be remembered by, but I can live with those three.
Well said.

Reactions: telescopes

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Where did you find that Spanish rack? I might like to order one of those myself.
Bought via Etsy at LaCameraHumidors .. Have not seen it yet in real life, in particular how the details are worked, so a bit of a risk. Seller has good reviews online though (for what it is worth). Will post detailed pics once it arrives, this can take a while (3 weeks production time was estimated)..

Status
Not open for further replies.