PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I wrote a short blog about something similar the other day. You might enjoy it.

Great blog! I personally don’t believe in certainty. I feel to believe in certainty doesn’t allow you to be fully open minded, able to learn more, and able to change one’s idea. I believe everything is possible. I believe it’s possible that some great energy, spirit, or God could have designed all this and we’re just explaining Gods work through science and math. I also believe, that’s it’s possible that energy just exploded and became this. I’m always willing to hear other peoples opinions because it helps me with my own.

Jun 25, 2021
England
Actually, THIS applies to every post you've made in this thread. No logic whatsoever, just absolute statements and put downs of others.

By virtue of being absolutes your position lacks any credibility.

Every day is a tug of war between ignorance, discovery and knowledge, which means that absolutes, if they exist, are still not known. And if we should one day reach a place of such complete cosmological knowledge that we KNOW with absolute surety, that we are the only instance of "life", then we will be facing that reality.

Until that day, you're pronouncements are merely that. Not fact. Not truths. Just your personal beliefs, that apply only to the universe of you.
Well said Sir, I entirely agree, and have been aware of that in every post I've made on this subject.
it's simply that it's my opinion that my standpoint is more likely to be correct, because at least it's down to Earth.
Plus I can't be proven wrong, whereas anyone who states that there may be life on other planets has yet to be proved right. But I don't have have a universe of me, I'm in the universe of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Servant King

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Interesting…and looks like several interesting reads attached to the author. Been looking for a good book that perhaps smudges some lines.

Pehaps Christopher Knight is the inspiration of Robert Langdon? ?‍♂️ Remarkable parallels seem to exist between the person and character. It could also be said that the style of books Knight and Brown write share eerily similar styles being conspiracy based thrillers using facts blended with fiction. ?.
Actually I don't know much about Knight or Butler...that moon book is the only one of theirs I've read, and that was at least a decade ago.

H

Hfinn

Slightly off topic, but I really like Elon Musk and Nick Bostrom's simulation theory.

Our reality is the product of a computer program that was written and implemented by some other civilization. And most likely such a model (software) was created in the image and likeness of that civilization, it can even be assumed that this is an exact copy.

Most likely, the model is designed in such a way that development in the simulation is somewhat faster than outside. I guess this is done in order to learn from us, take some benefits and advantages, new inventions, ways to solve problems, natural, cataclysmic, environmental, demographic, disease control, new drugs, vaccines, any useful ideas that we invented here, and which will now be used there to prevent threats.

In short, we all work for the creator of this simulation. Therefore, all kinds of scientists, inventors, entrepreneurs, those who bring real benefit and good, after death will move to some new level, where they will be given the opportunity to continue creating (perhaps this will be a more sophisticated simulation, because in the old one they have exhausted everything). Those who do not create anything, do not bring any benefit, will drop out of the game and go into oblivion.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Slightly off topic, but I really like Elon Musk and Nick Bostrom's simulation theory.

Our reality is the product of a computer program that was written and implemented by some other civilization. And most likely such a model (software) was created in the image and likeness of that civilization, it can even be assumed that this is an exact copy.

Most likely, the model is designed in such a way that development in the simulation is somewhat faster than outside. I guess this is done in order to learn from us, take some benefits and advantages, new inventions, ways to solve problems, natural, cataclysmic, environmental, demographic, disease control, new drugs, vaccines, any useful ideas that we invented here, and which will now be used there to prevent threats.

In short, we all work for the creator of this simulation. Therefore, all kinds of scientists, inventors, entrepreneurs, those who bring real benefit and good, after death will move to some new level, where they will be given the opportunity to continue creating (perhaps this will be a more sophisticated simulation, because in the old one they have exhausted everything). Those who do not create anything, do not bring any benefit, will drop out of the game and go into oblivion.
AAF9B896-30B0-450B-844E-5C1964C76DAF.gif

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

In short, Musk believes in a theory that rewards and exhaults Musk. How novel.