Are these people trying to control my life or what???

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
If the Public safty officer all though I am not sure what that is maybe a rent a cop with a cap gun?

is agenst the ban he has a obglation to nullify the law by useing his discression and not enforce it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Jyasin, UM has its own police force - just like the other two big universities in Michigan do - and they are not rent a cops - they are trained police officers, and probably authorized to back up Ann Arbor police. They carry real sidearms. UM Police

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Isn't Ann Arbor where the annual "Hash Bash" is? Maybe you are just smoking the wrong weed? Oh well get sneaky with it now that you are on record. Good luck with flying under the radar in the future. :puffy:

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I get that the OP is pissed off about the ban. And I agree that a smoking ban is usually BS, and that smoking is a personal choice. But weather or not you like this "rule" or any other "rule" at the University, they can and will do what ever they see fit.
Starting a petition is probably your best bet as some have stated, if for no other reason than an exercise. But I also think that no matter what you do or how cleaver it is, it won't change a thing. Not trying to be a downer, but once these things are set, they rarely change as the bulk of people these days feel that any kind of tobacco use is bad or wrong.
And while I agree, that people who smoke nails are often given a pass, at some point they will crack down on them as well. It's just a matter of time.
What you need to do, is find a local B&M that allows it customers to smoke in store. Take your laptop and your pipe and do your studies there. Just my thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.