Are There Tobaccos You Consider Acquired Tastes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
There are several tobaccos I had to smoke a while to get the nuanced profiles. Escudo, Bulls Eye flake, english. Only a few I couldn't tolerate after just a couple of bowls and Haunted Bookshop is one, another is Crooner. Crooner triggers my cough reflex like I'm a beginner smoker.

downsouth

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2019
Straight, high quality burleys took a while for me to come around to. I'm a VA person...not into perique, orientals, etc. The straighter the VA to me, the better, but some burleys give a good butt kicking effect that I had to get used to. Now I smoke quite a bit of C&D's #2 burley flake; they say it has a little VA in it, but I don't taste it frankly. Still not my go-to tobacco, but I certainly smoke it regularly now. Never "sat" on any like you indicated some do, just kept grinding through it to be honest (like scotch whiskey). Started coming around to it near the end of the first tin I ever tried, so it didn't take that long.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Yeah, the Lakelands were definitely an acquired taste for myself. Vehemently against them for years.
Then one day I finally saw the light and life was good. 8)
The moment my Latakia cherry was broken, I knew I was destined to be a Lat Whore....

Status
Not open for further replies.