nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Chili doesn't have meat in it.
red-chili-pepper-on-white-background-clipping-path-picture-id136560221

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
The only thing I would like is a "Like" button.
Oh please God, no. The Pipe Smokers Forum has become nothing more than one big popularity contest because of that stupid feature.
If people want to be 'popular', they should stick with Fakebook.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Oh please God, no. The Pipe Smokers Forum has become nothing more than one big popularity contest because of that stupid feature.
Lol! I like the on topic pipe content better there but at least all we get here is the brownie name droppers here and not the just likes.
Forums died over a decade ago. I still read them but the action from guys who are active in the real time pipe world is on Facebook or email chains. I just wish I could insulate myself on Facebook and Instagram. Even the Private boards seem to end up on my public feed. 8O

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The Pipe Smokers Forum has become nothing more than one big popularity contest because of that stupid feature.
If people want to be 'popular', they should stick with Fakebook.
I concur with the captain.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I can't imagine communicating by text on a cell phone. That obviously puts me in a minority. If and when I become Dictator of the World, I'd ban texting on cell phones, and hand out life terms for anyone talking on one while operating a vehicle--any vehicle. I crashed my bicycle a couple of years ago because some girl was crossing my path on her own bike, with a cell phone glued to her ear! Much of my web browsing and responses are either on my Kindle Fire tablet or my desktop Macintosh. The cell phone is primarily for emergencies, not casual conversation.

That said, I can't think of any other forums to participate in besides PM. I do have a Facebook page, but of late its been taken over political extremists, so I'm about to cancel my account. Most of the postings are erudite and witty, foul language held to a minimum, and there's a genuine usefulness of advice on our art. Theree are also terrific people here, the majority in fact. I sometimes disappear for a couple of weeks at a time for reasons unrelated to the forum, and I hope this forum continues to thrive. Otherwise, curmudgeons like me would have to resort to Twitter, where the real nuts hang out.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I like forums:
* Persistent communication

* Formatting

* Lengthier responses

* Public
I really do not like social media, but Reddit and Gab have the best formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.