PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1646595762512.png

This doesn't come in a tin that I could find, but putting that aside... this nice alternative to Sasieni Balkan comes in incredibly long ribbons, some over 4" are stuffed into my Peterson Dracula 999, drooling in anticipation.

A combination of Black Cavendish, Cyprian Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia are savory and delicious.

Though not as intricate as Sasieni, flavors are similar, with a nod to licorice, vanilla, woody cinnamon, and floral overtones with a punky rosewood oil throughout. Fairly smooth and truly tasty a blend, with medium nicotine strength, the Cavendish mellows out and balances the overall theme in-between puffs of toast and of heavy table-creamed, vanilla cappuccino.

Nice lingering taste afterwards, and the Latakia is predominant but pleasantly blended.

Recommended.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Many, including myself believe Stokkebye/Arango Balkan Supreme to be the same blend. No aromatic flavoring added at all as the cavendish is unflavored. It's just there to add body to the smoke. It was chosen as Best English at the 2014 Chicago Show.

20190329_000624-1.jpg

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
80 oz. is a concerning amount. It usually takes me months to get through 4 oz. Is this a lifetime amount? LOL! Nicely purchased and will likely cellar well.
This was recommended to me as a good, complex tobacco and it is quite good.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
80 oz. is a concerning amount. It usually takes me months to get through 4 oz. Is this a lifetime amount? LOL! Nicely purchased and will likely cellar well.
A few years back I bought and jarred four of those bags but I go though around a pound of tobacco per month.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
the longer you smoke even if without smoking more often the close you get to realizing how small 4 oz really is. It might take a long time to get through a pound but when you finally run out of it you will realize why several pounds is a sadly finite amount of tobacco especially if it's a favorite.

Reactions: PipesRock