Anyone Tried These New Peterson 3 Year Cask Aged Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
I saw these on the German web shopes and they sound pretty tasty.
There's 2 different blends:

9015-712.jpg
Proudly and based on the long tradition of the Peterson family of brands, STG presents an exclusive blend of matured Virginia tobacco, a touch of Perique and a little Black Cavendish.

This tobacco gets its special note thanks to more than 3 years of storage in oak barrels, where its taste comes to full, opulent bloom.

The effect of oak barrel maturation with the addition of the whiskey is nothing less than astonishing. The aromas of the tobacco, the wood and the whiskey not only merge - they also highlight the finest nuances of the tobacco taste. "The result even surprised us, because the taste and aroma have developed much more strongly than we had expected," says the Danish master blender Peter Dahlhof, who was and is jointly responsible for the two new tobacco blends.

The whiskey comes from the Braunstein distillery in Denmark, whose exclusive spirits have already won several awards.

9015-714.jpg

Proud and based on the long tradition of the Peterson family of brands, STG presents an exclusive blend of a selection of matured Virginia tobacco, complemented with a little Black Cavendish.

This tobacco gets its special note thanks to more than 3 years of storage in oak barrels, where its aromas unfold.

The effect of oak barrel maturation when the rum is added is nothing less than astonishing. The aromas of the tobacco, the wood and the rum not only merge - they also highlight the finest nuances of the tobacco taste. "The result even surprised us, because the taste and aroma have developed much more strongly than we had expected," says the Danish master blender Peter Dahlhof, who was and is jointly responsible for the two new tobacco blends.

The rum comes from the Braunstein distillery in Denmark, whose exclusive spirits have already won several awards.

Jun 9, 2018
England
sounds awesome
I doubt they'll turn up in the UK (fingers crossed tho) but I could maybe see the US getting them. I ordered a lot from Germany before BREXIT as I was worried that we wouldn't be able to do so afterwards. I've no idea if German shopes would even attempt to deliver here now.
If I get any cash together i'll try and order some. I'm a bit short at the moment because I've just ordered my first pipe commission.
These 2 blends really do look right up my alley. I love the taste of rum & whiskey toppings on tobacco.

dobbs

Lurker
Aug 3, 2022
SF Bay Area, California
I picked up a couple of tins of the Virginia in Austria and smoked one bowl while I was there. I wasn't compelled to smoke a second. I still have both tins and will try it again, but with so many other great Virginias to smoke, it will probably be quite a while before I get around to it.

-dobbs