Anyone Stoked for Plum Pudding Special Reserve Flake?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Haven't been on Facebook in a while (too toxic: I'll probably deactivate again before too long). When I signed back in, I noticed the Smokingpipes.com page, plus their announcement about Plum Pudding Special Reserve Flake hitting their storefront on April 30.

I smoked SPC PP back when I was really only an aromatic smoker. I loved the depth of flavor, but it's now been over 5 years. Is it worth getting again, especially after a big order of GLP cellar staples came in two days ago?

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Not me. I’ve got enough PPSR squared away to support my somewhat infrequent Latakia consumption for years. From what I’ve heard, the flake is just an easier to prepare version of the plug, which is already one of the easiest plugs to prepare.

However, if you haven’t tried PP Barrel-aged, which was released last year, it’s definitely worth a try as a PP fan.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I really like the SR version already available and have plenty of it. If the flake version goes on sale or something I might try it just to see if it has any significant difference.

Reactions: BROBS and JOHN72

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Last time I purchased Plum Pudding was at a Tinder Box in Tacoma (close to its origin in Fife). It’s really what turned me on to Balkans. Nowadays, I’m just not convinced it’s worth the premium compared to similar offerings in bulk. Think it will be less than $12.99 a tin?

Reactions: JOHN72

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Not me. I’ve got enough PPSR squared away to support my somewhat infrequent Latakia consumption for years. From what I’ve heard, the flake is just an easier to prepare version of the plug, which is already one of the easiest plugs to prepare.

However, if you haven’t tried PP Barrel-aged, which was released last year, it’s definitely worth a try as a PP fan.
Pp fan?! ?
like R Kelly?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
'Tis a sordid tale, fraught with blend stealing, backstabbing, and court filings galore! A tale of two sides with names besmirched, mud-slinging, and treachery by the page!

A skullduggerous shamboozling of epic proportions!

That's about all I remember.
Well, it's cloudy a lot up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.