Anyone Really Like Falcons? Or Hate ‘Em?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I have one. I use a meerschaum bowl on it. I like the way it smokes. My only problem is the bowl is larger in capacity and diameter than I prefer. Most of my pipes have a 3/4” dia bowl. Other than that, I like it

Mike S.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I don't know. I have a falcon and a few bowls and keep forgetting about it. However, I picked up a Radiator pipe and I can't help myself from smoking it. I love it. I also like that it's a little weird and it isn't for everyone. But for quality of smoke, the thing is fantastic!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I like the concept but I find the straight stemmed Falcons a bit heavy and hard to balance while clenching without catapulting a bowl of ash in my face.
I've got an old Dry Master Double Dry pipe that looks similar except it's made of Nylon instead of metal so it's very light.
9VVeAjr.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The compact, light weight, sturdy knock-about pipe has a lot of appeal. I've just filled that need a different way, with cobs mostly bought or supplied with acrylic stems, and a number of pocket size pipes, mostly briar, but one Cocobolo, that go anywhere and are thick enough in shank and stem to not be in danger of snapping. I do like the array of Falcon bowls, but if you have a large stable of pipes, that aspect is also somewhat covered. Falcon fans do develop amazing quantities of both bowls and various versions of the metal shanks. An earlier Forums Falcon thread has many photos of this, similar to Andrew's post above, some more expansive even.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Question Andrew I find the bottom of most of my Falcon bowls split and ones I buy on eBay have splits in them, is this the same for you.

It does not effect the bowl and never get to serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.