PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
I guess I am one of the few who never watched the series of Game of Thrones. Watched the first, it was okay.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Yeah, the J.W. seems to be a part of the "White Walkers" series, which evidently ties into GoT.

Most of the good stuff in JW comes from Caol Ila, before they add cheap whisky and grain spirits to average out the cost.

For a wonderful Islay peated single malt try out Caol Ila 12 yo

I think Caol Ila 15 yo is not peaty (Not tasted it yet) but looking into the quality of the 12 yo, it should also be a beautiful whisky

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
There are much better blends to spend money on than anything from the JW stable. I’m a Compass Box fan myself, when it comes to blends. Spice Tree and Peat Monster are particularly good.

Never had that JW tho, so can’t say for sure. Sure is bothersome how much GoT marketing is sweeping the scotch market. Although Oban’s Night’s Watch offering is quite good.
You’ve peaked my interest in Compass Box. I might see if I can pick up a bottle of Peat Monster.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Sadly, such a thing actually exists.

kegworks-baby-yoda-cocktail-recipe-3.jpg

Just got this text from a friend:

Jun 23, 2019
If OP is still curious about the Johnny Walker I'd advise against their "collaboration blends", they're all mediocre with gimmicky packaging. I'd stick with the classics.

Reactions: saintpeter

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I haven't had it, but personally I'm extremely skeptical of marketting gimmicks. It doesn't mean the product has to be bad or overpriced, but this is usually the case from my experience.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, those neurotoxins make us so happy. Sometimes. For a while. Ever noticed how better company makes for an infinitely better buzz? It's a long time between warm glows, but I've had 'em. I don't think Baby Yoda would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.