PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
JOHNNIE WALKER A SONG OF ICE
Johnnie Walker A Song of Icefeatures single malts from Clynelish, one of Scotland’s most northern distilleries, and exudes a crisp, clean taste like the unforgiving force of ice that shapes mountains and stops rivers. The new blend has an ABV of 40.2% and the bottle design evokes an icy setting with frosted blue and gray colors inspired by the North, known for its cold winters and frozen landscapes.
JOHNNIE WALKER A SONG OF FIRE
Johnnie Walker A Song of Fire is rich and spicy, boasting flavors of subtle smoke from the peated malts of the Caol Ila distillery with an ABV of 40.8%. Inspired by the dragons of House Targaryen, feared for their fire breathing, the bottle design evokes a fiery setting with deep-red colors.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I haven’t tried it but the description sounds pretty good. The description of the A Song of Fire sounds even better to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It would be terrible if the first seven drinks were amazing but the eighth one sucked.
TrollFace.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
There are much better blends to spend money on than anything from the JW stable. I’m a Compass Box fan myself, when it comes to blends. Spice Tree and Peat Monster are particularly good.

Never had that JW tho, so can’t say for sure. Sure is bothersome how much GoT marketing is sweeping the scotch market. Although Oban’s Night’s Watch offering is quite good.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
There are much better blends to spend money on than anything from the JW stable. I’m a Compass Box fan myself, when it comes to blends. Spice Tree and Peat Monster are particularly good.

Never had that JW tho, so can’t say for sure. Sure is bothersome how much GoT marketing is sweeping the scotch market. Although Oban’s Night’s Watch offering is quite good.
The Famous Grouse is my go to for blended, but I'm liking the bottle art on those.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The Famous Grouse is my go to for blended, but I'm liking the bottle art on those.
Compass Box offerings are on another level for blended scotch. They cost more as a result, but are better than many single malts on the market in a similar price point.

I do like the bottle art as well, but I learned long ago that good bottle art is not indicative of good contents, haha. It is fun though.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It's $41 locally and I can't see it being worth that price. I can order it for $20 which I'd give it a go for that price.

My guess is that it's basically their red with a small difference such as the addition of the malts they mention in the description.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I find it intensely ironic that people would spend extra money to take a product valued for its place in ancient civilization and then cover it in art from a fictional ancient civilization.

I also find it funny, but mostly because from what I remember there is almost no mention of Whiskey in Game of Thrones. I recall plenty of wine and ale, and vineyards and breweries have certainly jumped on the GoT train as well, but I don’t recall whiskey at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.