Anyone Else LOVE Ten Russians as Much as Me? I Cannot Smoke Enough of this Stuff.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rook

Lurker
Jul 17, 2016
Fort Smith Arkansas
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I love this baccy. Its probably the strongest English I have ever smoked. The only thing strong as this. In regards too nic, taste, boldness, and power. Is haunted bookshop. This could very well be the HB of the English world. Its become a everyday/all day blend for me. Especially with the morning assam or English breakfast tea.

I would liken the taste to Star of The East. But with more belly. It has got the same wet moist rotted dead winter woods mulch aroma. With that oily taste. That penzance has. But it has this...depth. It sort of hits your throat on first whiff. Its just STRONG. Immense latakia. Very deep earthy taste with a bit of oak barrel and, red wine on the retrohale. Amazing blend. Will be ordering the 36oz tins.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
Ten Russians is one of my favorite English blends. Even though it is potent, I don’t consider it to be overwhelmed by Latakia as with Nightwatch, Gaslight, and Westminster. I still like these blends. Ten Russians has more floralness from the Turkish leaf. It is in my top four Latakia blends along with Nightcap, SparkPlug, and Balkan Supreme.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I recall preferring Stimulus Package among the 4 Captain Earle's English blends, but all were good. I made a mental note to go back and sample each to uncover their character, but have spent most of my time on Balkans when the itch for Latakia needs scratching. Will need to run through them again - I do recall Ten Russians being the strongest English of the 4.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
I love this baccy. Its probably the strongest English I have ever smoked. The only thing strong as this. In regards too nic, taste, boldness, and power. Is haunted bookshop. This could very well be the HB of the English world. Its become a everyday/all day blend for me. Especially with the morning assam or English breakfast tea.

I would liken the taste to Star of The East. But with more belly. It has got the same wet moist rotted dead winter woods mulch aroma. With that oily taste. That penzance has. But it has this...depth. It sort of hits your throat on first whiff. Its just STRONG. Immense latakia. Very deep earthy taste with a bit of oak barrel and, red wine on the retrohale. Amazing blend. Will be ordering the 36oz tins.
Back away for a while.You may get burned out.Ten Russians is good,but I smoked Latakia mixtures exclusively for ten years straight, 1995 - 2005,and now only once in a while. ?

Reactions: danimalia and Rook

Rook

Lurker
Jul 17, 2016
Fort Smith Arkansas
Back away for a while.You may get burned out.Ten Russians is good,but I smoked Latakia mixtures exclusively for ten years straight, 1995 - 2005,and now only once in a while. ?
I smoked them for the first 4 or 5yrs of my pipe smoking experiance. Then I did get a little bit burned out and, switched to virginias and, vapers for a season or two. Now I alternate based on mood. I love both just as much. Though I still prefer latakia above all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.