PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpiper07

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2017
I’ve had a few @countryboy. I tried the Vanila Custard, Pawpaws Whiskey Jug, Rum and Maple, and Deacons Neccessary (???). I found them all to be really goopy and I had trouble with all

Of them biting. I let the rum and maple blend dry out about a good deal and it smoked a lot better, less bite and good flavor. I kind of moved on to the non-aromatic blends and have been enjoying them a lot more.
Do you ever go smoke in the lounge there?

countryboy

Lurker
Oct 14, 2017
Never have dont know anybody there lol.i tried the vanilla custard and its kind of chemical taste to me. The lane 1q is ok. Really i like carter hall. I just got some frog morton cellar its nice.

txpiper07

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2017
Yeah I wasn’t a huge fan of those blends in general.. I’ve been smoking my way through a lot of the dunhill non-aromatic blends and really enjoying them. I tried the FM Cellar and liked it a lot too. You hit the nail on the head with the chemically taste - I’ve also not really been one for added flavors in much of anything, especially tobacco. One of the guys I know is a member there, he brings me into their lounge as a guest, it’s a neat place to relax and smoke and kick back - especially in the summer! I imagine we will be going in 2 or 3 weeks when our schedules line up, usually on a Friday evening. I’ll let you know when we figure it out and hopefully you can join us. Maybe we can get a club going..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a long-time friend, couple actually, and she grew up in Nacodoches and was sent off to school in Dallas. So I was party to a number of East Texas tales.

txpiper07

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2017
I started with Early Morning Pipe, then tried Durbar and My Mixture 965. Eventually I tried Three Year Matured Virginia, and Nightcap.
All are in my regular rotation, I’d say MM 965 is the closest I have to a “daily smoke”, and nightcap is a close second. (Smoking Durbar right now for a change.) I started off with a bunch of aros, and I still reach for them once in a while but I just really like the way tobacco tastes. What about you?

countryboy

Lurker
Oct 14, 2017
Rite now frog morton cellar half and half carter hall. Im nrw to pipes. Going to try some mm 965 soon. Do they carry it at tobacco junction

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Born in Beaumont, Raised in Fort Worth since I was 8. My parents graduated High School in Beaumont in 1968, lots of relatives all over East and South East Texas. Living in Fort Worth now, but once I finish up my doctorate, I will go where the jobs are.....who knows where that will be, but once a Texas boy, always a Texas boy.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
69t2-V.jpg

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Hello Countryboy. Not from East Texas but North Central. Mineral Wells. Welcome to the group, there is a lot of good people on here with a lot of good information and good conversation.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Born in Beaumont, lots of friends and relatives in East Texas, live in Arlington for now.

loupgarougras

Lurker
May 3, 2018
Currently live in Tyler.
Pappymac, I was born and raised in Slidell, parents are still there. When I was a kid, I remember t-shirts for a local festival had a slogan "Where the hell is Slidell?"

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Lived in Nacogdoches for about 9 months while my ex was on assignment as a physical therapist assistant. Was a little harsh being a Redskins fan down there, but I at least made it up to Texas Stadium for the last Redskins game played there and we won! Got an awesome t-shirt from the game I wear every football season. Yeah....Nacogdoches....Naco-nowhere....not a bad town, just...boring. Had to go to Houston for kicks. I remember they have a chain of restaurants down there called Whataburger...We also have a chain of them back here in NC called What-A-Burger, and they're damned delicious! In our confusion, we went there and were greatly disappointed. We thought they were the same, but nope. So I had to get the What-A-Burger I was used to when I got back home. The crawfish were hard to leave behind, along with a restaurant that served fried catfish with jalapeno crawfish chowder. So tasty.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I live in the Dallas area just north in Denton. Texas born and raised. Even though the heat this summer has made me start to think about moving. :crying:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My favorite Nacodoches story was about my friends being out in the brush and having a pot of hot grease from some fry cooking they'd done, and up struts a wild hog, sniffs the fire and the pot and commences to snuffle up the hot grease. They watched him to see if he would suffer internal burns and die, but he seemed well satisfied and ambled off into the woods.

arvetus

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2018
The wild hogs around here will eat anything. I literally mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.