Any Thoughts On This Pipe And The Buy Now Price? I Like This Sort Of Design. Looks Good.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I would never buy a pipe if I did not know the dimensions. How long is it bowl height, bowl depth. Inside bold width, weight of the pipe. Are you looking for a clencher or a pipe you hold. Is it full of a nasty cake?

The ebay listing has no info on the pipe so I would contact the seller and ask the appropriate questions.

Make sure the pipe fits to your liking and also think about what tobacco would be good with it.
Agreed- I have message this seller and waiting, waiting.

The other listing I mentioned/posted (Neerup) I am finding myself more interested in now to be honest. Funny how that goes.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have not heard anything but good things from Neerup. Another line you may want to look at is the lower end Winslows. I have owned a number of their high grades but from what I hear the lower grades smoke just as well.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I have not heard anything but good things from Neerup. Another line you may want to look at is the lower end Winslows. I have owned a number of their high grades but from what I hear the lower grades smoke just as well.

I like this one for a new pipe. Perhaps birthday gift. That or a lift on my 4Runner (that goes off road probably 2x year ha).

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
Too bad the pipe is photographed "artistically" instead of accurately.

s-l1600.jpg
This pipe looks a lot like a Masterson pipe I have.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've seen some deals out there just after the fact usually posts on here TBH. I did get a deal on a Savinelli and a Rossi (both new though).
Did you buy the Soren? I bought one at an antique/flea mall a couple of years ago and it cleaned up nicely and is a good smoker.

Reactions: cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Did you buy the Soren? I bought one at an antique/flea mall a couple of years ago and it cleaned up nicely and is a good smoker.
So of course I lost that bid.
I did get an awesome hand Nording (see my other post under pipes). I also won a bid for a Butz Choquin more for looks than anything (See below). The Nording is an amazing pipe so far frankly. Completely restored and not a smudge on it- ready to go.
1583694914810.png

My Nording I've had about a week:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So of course I lost that bid.
I did get an awesome hand Nording (see my other post under pipes). I also won a bid for a Butz Choquin more for looks than anything (See below). The Nording is an amazing pipe so far frankly. Completely restored and not a smudge on it- ready to go.
View attachment 21820

My Nording I've had about a week:
gorgeous

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have not- suggestions? I am on good terms with the seller but I am not sure he knows either.
One of the most frustrating thing for me as a pipe collector, is how hard it is to get information about pipes. I'm constantly finding estate pipes and sometimes its hard to even pinpoint a decade when one was carved. Dunhill is the easiest because theirs are stamped that way.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Sometimes that's a good thing. If you had won it would you have that Nording? BTW, I think there are several on this site that covet that particular Nording. I know I do.
I am not unhappy I lost. I immune to the effects now. I seem to win when I forget I even bid on something and walk away. I am nearing an comfortable amount of good pipes so I won't need to keep growing my collection. I have about 3 good ones heading my way (I believe).
I am guessing this is not a long lost special breed of pipe I got lucky on as the seller seems pretty astute but I know he did throw me a great deal and does an excellent job of restoration.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and shanez

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
One day I shall read before I post since I seem to have horrific spelling as of late.
Only way I can think of dating that pipe is "carbon dating"- anyone know an affordable university lab perhaps, lol?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No connections with uni labs for some time now, but that's an interesting thing, one I suggested in jest in another thread.

Perhaps someone knows: Would carbon dating provide only the date the block was cut, or could it also determine when it was turned? And how accurate can it be percentage wise on a relatively short time span.

Status
Not open for further replies.