Any Thoughts On This Pipe And The Buy Now Price? I Like This Sort Of Design. Looks Good.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Soren Freehand Estate Smoking Pipe Hand Carved Made In Denmark

I had a pipe break and I am really low on decent pipes to use. Falling back onto cobs which I end up with too fast of a cadence for me.
It's a free hand, Soren Denmark, Lost fairly good condition. I am thinking that's an ok $ though I may offer less and see if I can make it work as I don't have a lot of coin in my pocket as of late.

It this a mistake?
Toss the insults at the many missed mistakes as needed. My wife will make up for it if you don't stone me for a good 30 minutes.
THANKS

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Looks like the stem has a bad bite/wear, looks ready for repair/replacement to me.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I’m not sure how a different pipe will fix problems you mention having with cobs.
not complaining about the cobs. I do like them. They just seem to smoke a bit quick and well for me lol. Sweet yes but allows me to stay at a fast cadence where my briars have a different slower cooler burn to them, well the one anyways as my Rossi burns somewhat quick but too hot.
I just need to increase my rotation for one.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I am waiting to here from the seller if you can even pass a pipe cleaner through that stem. I see he's changed the buy now price several times though I cannot see the $ history.

Reactions: Bengel

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Too bad the pipe is photographed "artistically" instead of accurately.

s-l1600.jpg

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
s-l1600.jpg

I kind of like this Neerup but I think it shall be too rich for my blood. At $61 now but likely to go over $70 I am guessing

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
s-l1600.jpg

I kind of like this Neerup but I think it shall be too rich for my blood. At $61 now but likely to go over $70 I am guessing
The Soren isn't an auction, it's a buy now. I don't see a mistake with the pricing, that's around what I've paid for all of my Ben Wades. I see nothing on that stem that can't be fixed with a heat gun so I say buy it.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I think if you're patient, you'll find a better deal for under $70. Or wait awhile and save some more money up. Look at Savinelli, Brebbia, Commoy, GBD. You can often get a new Moretti for less than $100.
This is a Neerup NOS and another listing completely. I am not elated with Savinelli (I waited and bought one of those), my Rossi smokes better but is too hot. I bought a estate GBD- it's ok.
I should have mentioned this is another pipe and I do like this one:
Neerup NOS

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I'd search the estate pipes on both Blue Room Briars and Smoking Pipes as well as looking on fleabay.
I was not overly impressed the last week I spent on Blue Room Briars from the previous link you sent. I am not impressed with Ebay, either though. I am hoping on a new seller I came onto but won't know until 3/3. Crossing fingers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It looked like a good buy to me, since I couldn't see the wear on the stem. You might take a look at the Rossi pipes on SP in that price range or lower in many cases. My two are dependable pipes and smoke much like a Savinelli -- it seems to me often as good as any. You can consciously correct for smoking too hard, puffing, and this will improve the taste and reduce or eliminate bite.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
It looked like a good buy to me, since I couldn't see the wear on the stem. You might take a look at the Rossi pipes on SP in that price range or lower in many cases. My two are dependable pipes and smoke much like a Savinelli -- it seems to me often as good as any. You can consciously correct for smoking too hard, puffing, and this will improve the taste and reduce or eliminate bite.
I like my Rossi. I want something different though at this point. I only have Italians except my beater GBD and some corn cobs (I have a Masterson (perhaps) that I use for practicing restorations).
I really want a hand made pipe this time around so time will tell on the one I may have coming to me. I have heard good things on the Neerup (my 2nd listing) aside from possible break in. This one has a more classic look to me and for some reason just has a look I like.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
In case someone missed that post for the Neerup NOS I do like the looks of and it's unsmoked-
NEERUP NOS Classic 2

I cannot find this model or really too close to it in stock new so far. Also, most are at least $40 more even with his classics.
I am unlikely to win that bid so I am not to worried. I have been bidding, set my high price, and usually walk away. Else it's too annoying. I figured in due time I will get lucky. Too bad I had a decent one that broke around the shank. Not sure if I shall fix it or shoot it next time at the range.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would never buy a pipe if I did not know the dimensions. How long is it bowl height, bowl depth. Inside bold width, weight of the pipe. Are you looking for a clencher or a pipe you hold. Is it full of a nasty cake?

The ebay listing has no info on the pipe so I would contact the seller and ask the appropriate questions.

Make sure the pipe fits to your liking and also think about what tobacco would be good with it.

Reactions: cosgringo
Status
Not open for further replies.