PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
They color quite nicely.

18509379-orig.jpg
Man that's a pretty pipe! I love the grain on the shank, it looks like fire almost. I found a Stanwell Authentic I really like in that shape, but they're sold out. Just ordered my Series III 320 KS.

May I ask the shape number on this one? I love those thick walls and the concave to the top of the bowl. Very pretty lines on that.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Man that's a pretty pipe! I love the grain on the shank, it looks like fire almost. I found a Stanwell Authentic I really like in that shape, but they're sold out. Just ordered my Series III 320 KS.

May I ask the shape number on this one? I love those thick walls and the concave to the top of the bowl. Very pretty lines on that.
Thank you.
That is a 311 KS.
Do a search on Ebay for Savinelli Grezza pipes.

:)

tzanet

Lurker
Jan 26, 2021
Kefalonia Island, Greece
121ks. The stummel is machined as good as any other Savinelli, this one has a fill as you can see. The stem is a little beefy but very solid overall. It is an excellent smoker and the fact that it only costed like 30 euros makes it even better. They colour pretty nicelly and you might get some good grain if lucky. Best choice in that money range.IMG_20210211_182432.jpg

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
The top one is an unfinished Sav. It’s an old one and is only stamped Made in Italy. I think it would be a model 111 today.
View attachment 65204
A great smoker. It oils up dark and shows some grain. But a water rinse returns it to clean natural Briar.

By all means. You can’t go wrong with a series 3. For you, because you enjoy the look, Win Win.
All nice, but that bottom one has my attention!

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
20210303_092657.jpg

Well, after the USPS completely losing track of it for a lot longer than I had expected, it's finally here. I can't find a frickin' fill on it! Easily my favorite smoker after just the first bowl, but it is a bit reluctant to accept my bigger tapered bristle cleaners... the tip gets hung up. Just gotta let it cool and remove the stem to clean

Thanks for the advice, guys... can't wait for a 311 KS like donjgiles'

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
View attachment 68887

Well, after the USPS completely losing track of it for a lot longer than I had expected, it's finally here. I can't find a frickin' fill on it! Easily my favorite smoker after just the first bowl, but it is a bit reluctant to accept my bigger tapered bristle cleaners... the tip gets hung up. Just gotta let it cool and remove the stem to clean

I had the same problem with using a pipe cleaner on my first Savinelli 3. It also had a restricted draw. I used a Dremel cutting bit to open the hole on the bit and now its one of the best smoking pipes I have. It takes a pipe cleaner with no problems.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
View attachment 68887

Holy shit, dude! Looks like you hit the Series III jackpot with that baby. You may notice fills a bit more as the pipe colors, but there don't seem to be any obvious ones.

In terms of the pipe cleaner have you tried twisting (spinning) the pipe cleaner and gently pushing forward where it gets hung up? I had a similar problem with a Rossi 8673 and about 90% of the time I am able to get a cleaner through. Like, 100% on the second or third try with a different pipe cleaner.