PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I've had a PS2, PS3 and PS4 - bit of a fan boy. The Last Of Us was a contender for my favorite game on the last generation along with FarCry3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, MetalGearSolid 4, and Uncharted 3.
For the longest time there haven't been any interesting games out for the PS4 and suddenly there are too many to afford. I picked up Destiny last month so that I could play with an old roommate across the country. I'm not a hugggggge fan: the story is thin, the voice acting terrible, the loot system not as satisfying as say Borderlands - but I'm still playing it and enjoying. I enjoyed AssCreed Black Flag but am finding open world games a little too uncurated and unfocused as far as gaming experience and narrative go. Sort of a 'when everything is special, nothing is' type deal; when you can do everything there is no good reason to do one thing well and the story and gameplay gets diluted. Plus the AssCreed series has been diluted by second and third party developers producing it - if it was still Ubisoft Montreal I think the core experience would be better - like in AssCreed and AssCreed 2 ---- but I digress.
I really really want to grab farcry4 but I will likely pick up LittleBigPlanet 3 because the GF will enjoy playing it with me while she's in town over the xmas break. I'm very excited for the upcoming Uncharted 4 but it likely wont be out for a while, same with Metal Gear Solid 5.
I thinnnnnk my PSNID is D_ReZ

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
I grabbed COD and its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Farcry4 has taken a back seat. Only problem is I don't have a headset yet so if you friend me Ozzie11592 I wont be able to chat until just after Christmas when I get a headset.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
The "hand thing" in COD is hard to get used to. I'm part-way through the single player campaign, though, so maybe I'll adapt. :)
In my day, playing a first person shooter meant using a mouse and keyboard. I just recently got used to this pull-left-trigger-zoom + pull-right-trigger-fire thing.
oldman.gif

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
I did grab the last of us but I screwed up and fell down a level in a building and now 5 or 6 of those zombies keep attacking me and kill me almost instantly and the woman and girl stayed up top. Im super frustrated with it and am considering trading it in this evening for the crew. I have the following games:
Farcry4

COD AW

Madden 15

AC Unity

AC Black Flag

The Last of Us

And the various freebies such as blacklight retribution and secret ponchos.
I realize I could use that cheapie earpiece and mic that came with it but it doesn't seem worth it. The Sony Gold headset got great reviews and is only $99. Its on my to buy list soon!

Mar 1, 2014
So, I bought a Wii U for the kids for Xmas.
Is that like the minivan of game consoles, or what?
Smash brothers is serious stuff, don't let anyone tell you differently.
I'll pick up a PS4 once They have a nice long list of exclusives, but for now X-wing and Tie-fighter are on GOG.com and I've been playing those a lot.

Oh the memories, for 20 year old games it's amazing how good they still are.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
have a PS4. Don't really play much anymore. I was an avid Destiny fan until the recent patch. It's just too grindy for me now. I have Watch Dogs but I did almost every side mission there is to do before I got really far into the game... so it's kind of boring now. Also have AC Black Flag and really like it. Waiting for the old Final Fantasy games to be re-released for it. I can't wait to sink some time into those.
forgot to mention... I think my user name is the same as on here.

unholy1

Might Stick Around
May 4, 2014
I did grab the last of us but I screwed up and fell down a level in a building and now 5 or 6 of those zombies keep attacking me and kill me almost instantly and the woman and girl stayed up top. Im super frustrated with it and am considering trading it in this evening for the crew. I have the following games:
I think that you're in the decaying skyscraper. If so, then you are in the right spot where you "land". You have to stealth kill all of those zombies by crouching, staying out of their line of sight, and choking and/or shanking them. That is, except the clicker. You have to shank it.
This is how I do it:
Drop down and couch crawl forward. Go around the corner and stealth kill the stationary zombie around the corner. Double back and wait until the wandering zombie walks throught the room to the left then exits the room. Go into the left room and hide behind counter. Wait until he starts the cycle over again and re-enters the room. Sneak up behind him and stealth kill. There should be two walking zombies and a stationary clicker left. Exit the room and go left. Hide out of sight then follow the walking zombie to the left and stealth kill him. Make sure you time this as there is another walker to the right that may see you. The stationary clicker is easy to kill. Just sneak up and shank him from behind.
It took me twenty or so attempts before I passed this part. Stick with it. The game is PHENOMENAL.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Unholy1 that's exactly where I am! I tried the stationary one around the corner but it alerted the others, I see the one that goes in the room to the left so I know I am right where you think I am. Gonna try again tomorrow, thanks for the tips

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
So, I bought a Wii U for the kids for Xmas.
Is that like the minivan of game consoles, or what?

The WiiU's got some quality games if you don't require copious blood and explosions. Super Smash and Mario Kart 8 are both a blast to play with family or friends, and I'll occasionally play either one solo. Pikmin 3 is an absolutely fantastic game - a tad short, but perfect design. Bayonetta 2 came out recently and has gotten great reviews. The HD remake of Wind Waker is excellent if you haven't played it before, and there are a variety of indies and ports worth playing (Deus Ex, Shovel Knight are a couple good ones). And 2D and 3D Mario, of course.
Nothing against the PS4 - I'll probably get one eventually. But there's very little to the platform beyond shooters so far.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Unholy1 that worked! Thanks, that saved me from getting rid of it. It is fun and I like it, did a nice long run on Christmas day. Thanks again

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
You should see the morpheus project of Sony.It is coming for PS4 probably in 2015 and it will be a milestone on gaming.
link is here:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/project-morpheus-1235379/review

Status
Not open for further replies.