PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Apparently, federal guidelines for the ACA say that a smoker is someone who has used tobacco four or more times a week within the past 6 months. It's a pretty good week if I get a chance to smoke my pipes three times. I never do four, so I'm a nonsmoker. I mentioned this to a friend of mine who said, "Oh, So I wasn't lying on my insurance forms!"

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Another non-smoker! I might get away with 4 bowls a month! 4 a week is unheard of for me (alas!)

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I guess I'm safe either way. I don't lie to them any more than they lie to me, which gives me a lot of latitude.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Another non-smoker! I might get away with 4 bowls a month! 4 a week is unheard of for me (alas!)
I manage to get more than that in, but I feel ya. If I don't have time to sit still and enjoy a pipe at least once a week, I figure I'm doing something wrong. A couple of years ago, one of my new year's resolutions was to smoke more.

:lol:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol ... beat me to it Cosmic!
Did you also lose your guns and precious metals like I did? :mrgreen:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
It's rare that I get more than a couple of bowls in a week, so I'm technically still a "non-smoker".

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Hmmm. Does that mean AVERAGE 4 smokes a week or 4 smokes every week? Good weeks for me is 7-8 pipes; bad weeks is no pipes. Guess that makes me a non-smoker as well!

Mar 1, 2014
Yay! I get to smoke 50% more now!

(My original estimates for staying out of the "smoker" category were two bowls a week, I'm glad we have some clarification on that, at least by American standards.)

Status
Not open for further replies.