PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
Does "who has used tobacco" mean inhaled? If so, then I'm a non-smoker too!
And that's why the whole premise of penalizing tobacco use is bunk. If you don't inhale there should be no limit but I'm sure the fruitcakes would say that there is no differentiation between levels of exposure, "second hand is just as bad" blah blah blah.

In principle they want to make sure there is no way you are getting addicted, which may even be a noble cause but the fact is they've become a bunch of tyrannical overlords.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Hmmm. Does that mean AVERAGE 4 smokes a week or 4 smokes every week?
The way I understand it is 4 or more uses of tobacco in any week that happened during that last 6 months. So if you use tobacco 4 times in the span of 7 days, you are a "tobacco user" for at least the next 6 months.
And there's no differentiation between inhaling and not inhaling. They count chew and snuff etc. the same way. So a cigar or a dip is the same thing as far as the rules go.
With everyone so worked up about second hand smoke, I wonder why they don't count anyone who has walked past a smoker more than three times in a week. Seems like they should be considered smokers too. Or maybe they could just count the people who do that annoying fake cough thing...

Mar 1, 2014
I was wondering about snuff and chew.
The next question is whether one cigar is equal to a cigarette and if we should all go buy an Oom Paul (basically a full bent stack, which got it's name from the South African General who was given similar restrictions by his doctor).

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I was only a smoker for the 3 months or so after my mom died last year. I never have time for more than 3 a week with my schedule.
Whee I am a nonsmoker!

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
And churchwardens are for when your doctor tells you to stay away from tobacco.
:rofl:
I laughed more than I should have--but I'll have to remember that one! I definitely don't get 4 smokes a week. 3 Would be a good week for me, and its usually zero during the winter. There should be a support group for those of us who endure an unplanned winter 'abstinence'...

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I just got back from a work related medical check and when I metioned my pipe smoking to the doctor he put me down as a non-smoker. For real.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I is what I is, a non-smoker.

2 bowls a week and enjoy it very much.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Interesting. I just took up smoking again, and it looks like as long as I watch myself, I can easily do 3 or less smokes per week and continue to claim non smoker status.

Status
Not open for further replies.