PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
All the members here have a reason they joined. Some have agendas, some seek a bit of fun, others imply have questions.

Apropos of nothing, I still haven't posted an introduction. We didn't of much of that back in2013. I hadn't lurked at all and was/am very suspicious of "social media". So, as I built some confidence and became comfortable with others on the site I opened up a bit.

Another aside, I am sometimes suspicious of the motives of "first-time" or nearly so, members when they post a long biography as an introduction which is nearly a resume. Just my suspicious mind at work. I like with that. Not every new member is prepared to share. Different strokes. Some here came of age being advised to protect personal info.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
All the members here have a reason they joined. Some have agendas, some seek a bit of fun, others imply have questions.

Apropos of nothing, I still haven't posted an introduction. We didn't of much of that back in2013. I hadn't lurked at all and was/am very suspicious of "social media". So, as I built some confidence and became comfortable with others on the site I opened up a bit.

Another aside, I am sometimes suspicious of the motives of "first-time" or nearly so, members when they post a long biography as an introduction which is nearly a resume. Just my suspicious mind at work. I like with that. Not every new member is prepared to share. Different strokes. Some here came of age being advised to protect personal info.
I don’t think anyone takes internet security lightly. And yes, different strokes for sure.

And I’m not immune from failing to meet my own expectations for social discourse - so hoping that failure in this instance doesn’t cause this to go any further afield.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Taking a closer look at it, it appears to be someone trying their hand at making a Freehand pipe. Many of those out there. Too bad it doesn’t have a stem.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This thread got a bit sideways, and is now closed.

Ms. @KSmith1967, a big welcome! and I hope you will introduce yourself. The kind of info we ask is relevant to pipe smoking. If you don't smoke, that's fine too. We have a number of collectors in that camp.

Some are paranoid or just obstinate over revealing their approximate thereabouts.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In case you are interested, you may put your location in your Profile.

Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.