PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSmith1967

Lurker
Dec 12, 2023
New Jersey
I have searched endlessly and the closest thing I could find is a Micoli, but something is telling me that this isn't a Micoli. There are no markings, so other than the shape and wood, I am stumped...pun intended.

Attachments

• stumppipe.jpg
    stumppipe.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 45

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
My first guess without research would be a Micoli pipe. He signed his pipes VERY lightly with a dremmel. One of my Micoli pipes I missed the signature for many months and then saw it with magnification one day. Sorry I couldn’t help more. The original stem might have helped too.

Reactions: KSmith1967

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
And here we go again. Since you won't share information, respond and etc. all these posts certainly give the appearance of just using the forums for whatever purpose - people here are friendly and always willing to help so I guess you are lucky and well done them, but honestly, with all these inquiries (and "I've just looked everywhere, for hours!") just looks like you are interested in getting something for nothing in terms of real interest or participation.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And here we go again. Since you won't share information, respond and etc. all these posts certainly give the appearance of just using the forums for whatever purpose - people here are friendly and always willing to help so I guess you are lucky and well done them, but honestly, with all these inquiries (and "I've just looked everywhere, for hours!") just looks like you are interested in getting something for nothing in terms of real interest or participation.
That kind of is one of the purposes of an interactive forum.🤷‍♂️

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
That kind of is one of the purposes of an interactive forum.🤷‍♂️
I don't disagree, just inviting a little more participation and more of a two way street. He sure doesn't have to do any more than just ask about random pipes and as I said, plenty of nice folks will be happy to help.

Reactions: kcghost

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I guess my post wasn't as inviting as I thought, lol.

OP - it would be nice if you would share a little about yourself (don't need your SSN) and what about pipes is of interest and so forth - a little context is always a good thing.

There!

• Haha
Reactions: anotherbob

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I guess my post wasn't as inviting as I thought, lol.

OP - it would be nice if you would share a little about yourself (don't need your SSN) and what about pipes is of interest and so forth - a little context is always a good thing.

There!
Having to ask for personal information and where someone's from comes off a bit creepy though. If a member chooses to share that's fine. Many just find this forum from Google searching questions and will sometimes publicly ask for more information. Some just aren't social smokers.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Having to ask for personal information and where someone's from comes off a bit creepy though. If a member chooses to share that's fine. Many just find this forum from Google searching questions and will sometimes publicly ask for more information. Some just aren't social smokers.
I'm all for anyone wanting to be as anonymous as they feel comfortable, but still have the belief they can be fairly anonymous but share in ways about pipe smoking or whatever brings them this way that don't encroach on that.

Reactions: anotherbob
Aug 1, 2012
USA
This forum has always been one where sellers come to identify and value pipes. Early on, I helped out but became weary with those who come here only to get free value information. If you want to give free advice to a merchant, that's your choice. I no longer choose to do so.

KSmith1967

Lurker
Dec 12, 2023
New Jersey
Wow...how 2023 of you Hawkeye! I came on this forum to learn about the collection I recently inherited. I know nothing about pipes and I am beyond grateful to those who helped me identify the ones I could not through my own research. Kudos to you all!
I was unaware that I should be offering more information, I am more than willing to answer any question if someone asks.
You are really a downer Hawkeye. There's a little thing that makes the world so much better and it's called kindness....No one has to respond to my posts if they don't want to, so how am I taking advantage? It would have taken way less effort for you to just ignore my posts. And a little FYI...I am not a "he".

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Wow...how 2023 of you Hawkeye! I came on this forum to learn about the collection I recently inherited. I know nothing about pipes and I am beyond grateful to those who helped me identify the ones I could not through my own research. Kudos to you all!
I was unaware that I should be offering more information, I am more than willing to answer any question if someone asks.
You are really a downer Hawkeye. There's a little thing that makes the world so much better and it's called kindness....No one has to respond to my posts if they don't want to, so how am I taking advantage? It would have taken way less effort for you to just ignore my posts. And a little FYI...I am not a "he".
And you could have shared that to start with or the two or three times you’ve been invited to share or asked questions, which no, you haven’t answered. You didn’t have to, fair enough, but let’s not play the internet victim.

Good luck with your valuations.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

In fairness to @HawkeyeLinus , people new to the forum usually make an introductory post, especially when they’ve inherited a collection of pipes they know very little about—this provides context for many of us that are willing to assist if we can; your initial posts just asked for IDs on several pipes one after another—you might see how this could come across as someone just looking for info to help sell pipes he or she had found, and how that might make a forum member feel sort of used.

I tried to help when possible, but admit I feel better about it now that I know you inherited the pipes.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
In fairness to @HawkeyeLinus , people new to the forum usually make an introductory post, especially when they’ve inherited a collection of pipes they know very little about—this provides context for many of us that are willing to assist if we can; your initial posts just asked for IDs on several pipes one after another—you might see how this could come across as someone just looking for info to help sell pipes he or she had found, and how that might make a forum member feel sort of used.

I tried to help when possible, but admit I feel better about it now that I know you inherited the pipes.
Thank you!

And also for expressing it better than I apparently did.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey
Status
Not open for further replies.