PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have 3 Savinelli 673's which are essentially bent to the same angle that the 999 is yet the hole is drilled in the center of the mortise. Some pipes are different than other pipes I'm wagering. But again, the hostility is super helpful and much appreciated.
oh sorry you're correct now.
There was no hostility in your original post calling out perfect drilling as inferior?

Reactions: rushx9

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
For the record, Brobs is a Peterson aficionado. I don't know many that are as Peterson crazy as he is. However, he is a youngster, with a hip lingo, but I didn't sense any hostility about his posts. You just have to read them as if a very nice hipster is trying to communicate with you. It took me some getting used to, but he means well.
Take it for what it's worth...

I on the other hand don't like Petersons, and I would never own one of those cheap godawful looking pipes. I'm just old and hostile though, ha ha. Brobs is not. puffy
lol I'm less out of love with their newer pipes but still, I get a bit irked at people coming on here lamenting about things of which they have not a clue. Also, doesn't the OP violate the forum rules? Was the vendor contacted?

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful and positive comments and feedback! I have a few Peterson's and I really want to love them. I'm eager to find out how this one smokes - I simply wanted to verify that I didn't have anything to be concerned about rather than looking for something to be concerned about. It sounds as if the experts have spoken and I'm on my way to filling out my collection of Pete's (there's a 999 Irish Harp already on it's way). Thanks again for all the help!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful and positive comments and feedback! I have a few Peterson's and I really want to love them. I'm eager to find out how this one smokes - I simply wanted to verify that I didn't have anything to be concerned about rather than looking for something to be concerned about. It sounds as if the experts have spoken and I'm on my way to filling out my collection of Pete's (there's a 999 Irish Harp already on it's way). Thanks again for all the help!
also sorry you thought I was being hostile... didn't mean it that way.
but many petes will be drilled this way.. some with a reservoir even if they aren't a system.

Reactions: STP and anotherbob

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
lol I'm less out of love with their newer pipes but still, I get a bit irked at people coming on here lamenting about things of which they have not a clue. Also, doesn't the OP violate the forum rules? Was the vendor contacted?
I don't see where he was complaining so much about the pipe; He had a question about the drilling. Perfectly legit question as far I can see.

Whereas you go on to attack the OP personally, rather than address the issue...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't see where he was complaining so much about the pipe; He had a question about the drilling. Perfectly legit question as far I can see.

It doesn’t matter forum rules state ask vendor first check it out

Reread the thread. The OP made a flippant remark about a mistakenly interpreted post.
Have you really been on this forum all this time? It's always been like this. You either grow some thick skin, or move of to something else. If someone gets insulted, that may be a sign that forums might just not work for you.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Reread the thread. The OP made a flippant remark about a mistakenly interpreted post.
Have you really been on this forum all this time? It's always been like this. You either grow some thick skin, or move of to something else. If someone gets insulted, that may be a sign that forums might just not work for you.
Another County heard from...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hey @craig61a why don’t you just put everyone on ignore since no response is seemingly good enough for you?

then you will only see your threads and posts which is apparently perfect for you.

Forums are unique in that you can't read "tone" well. It's an honest mistake, and better to always err to the side of not letting it get to you. Be the bigger man. Ha ha, not like Brobs is being right now, ha ha.
No one is keeping score, and half of us are future dementia candidates anyways, so we won't remember who said what.
Best to just interpret us all as doing our best to answer the questions in our own demented way.

• Love

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
also sorry you thought I was being hostile... didn't mean it that way.
but many petes will be drilled this way.. some with a reservoir even if they aren't a system.
No worries! I just hate that feeling of stepping into a townie bar and getting looked at like I wasn't invited. But now I know to to bug with all my Peterson queries!

Status
Not open for further replies.