PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
When I spotted this post's passage that read like this:

...it IS important to note that a dozen distinct. Federally-recognized Indigenous American tribal groups exist in Michigan, and four more state-recognized tribes as well...should Michigan ever decide to place them under the same greed-induced "tax rules" (unless the legislators in Madison were ALREADY that ignorant of Indigenous rights regarding tobacco, especially for any indigenous American society there that might consider it sacred) they could be a knock on a state building's door in Madison from perhaps, say, the Native American Rights Fund...

...and by "the eighth day of the eighth month" in the summer of 2021, perhaps even by the SPLC ?

Don't forget...there MAY be a plan to have a "World No Tobacco Day" elsewhere on Earth, but NO ONE of Indigenous American ethnicity, from a society that holds tobacco sacred, is EVER going to allow THAT to happen here!

Yes, I'm well aware of that. We have a large Native American population where I live. However, I was speaking of non-native purchasing of tobacco products. Good heads up.

CW

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I live in NY, if I bought from Cop O'Joes (which I don't) the tax is 55% last time I looked.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Don’t feel bad. Here in Utah, tobacco tax is 86%, and several online retailers won’t ship here anymore. A few still do, but for how much longer I don’t know. The state is cracking down on all internet sales, collecting sales tax on every online purchase. State law dictates tobacco can only be sold to licensed tobacco businesses, not consumers. Even buying out of state and bringing it back with you can result in hefty fines if caught. Same goes for liquor. An ounce of bulk tobacco runs about $4 here, and average tin prices are in the $20 range for 50 grams. I’m going to keep stocking up from online retailers as long as I can, but the clock is ticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.