PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
So I recieved a large order from P & C yesterday. Being the cheap bastard old codger that I am I purchased a bag of Rest of the Best. I was a little skeptical about it but the smell was such a mixture of so many thing i cant even give a description. I lite a bowl and was impressed with how smooth and tasty it was. As a tightwad I think I hit the lottery

Jun 23, 2019
Woo, please tell us more about this "Rest of the Best" - sounds like what I call my Devil's Blend (basically if the tobacco is too nice to throw out, I save the dregs from drying together in a jar and smoke it at the end of the week.

Reactions: BROBS and kurtbob
Ohhhh, it's just about tobacco. Ha ha!

Yeh, I have a jar like that too, where I dump the dregs from old tins and jars when there isn't enough for a full pipe full left. I also put cigar clippings in there. I've been doing it for years, and after cleaning up the cellar room, I had moved the unmarked jar. I grabbed it wondering what it was, because it was out of place, and smoked the whole thing. It wasn't bad, but I had wondered the whole time, "what is this blend?" It wasn't till I had almost finished the jar, and finished an open tin, and went looking for the jar that I realized...

Sometimes a random mix isn't all that bad. I think it's when you smoke a lot of aromatics and aros get mixed in that it becomes more awful, IMO. Just mixing a bunch of non-aros usually can never go wrong. IMO

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have a storage container for that as well. I call it a trash can. Life is too short to waste time on a mediocre or poor smoke for the sake of saving fifty cents.
At the risk of being burned alive..... I absolutely agree and if a blend gets dried out too much or some other oddity I don’t waste one second trying to revive it I toss it and move on.

My profession has taught me this..... every day is a gift and it may be your last. There is no way in hell I’m going out smoking leftovers, sloppy seconds or Haddos Delight.

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
At the risk of being burned alive..... I absolutely agree and if a blend gets dried out too much or some other oddity I don’t waste one second trying to revive it I toss it and move on.

My profession has taught me this..... every day is a gift and it may be your last. There is no way in hell I’m going out smoking leftovers, sloppy seconds or Haddos Delight.
I wish i would have read this before i ordered some tobacco this morning because you've really got my curiosity up on how bad Haddos Delight is.

I wish i would have read this before i ordered some tobacco this morning because you've really got my curiosity up on how bad Haddos Delight is.
I love Haddos. I actually have a problem that when I pop a tin of Haddos, I chain smoke it till it's gone, and I forsake all other tobaccos that I have open till then. I don't ever remember it being a polarizing blend, but it is possible that Ash is just an exception to the rule.

I suggest popping the tin, and giving it a few days to acclimate, then dry it out to smoke. I... I... I just love the damned stuff.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I love Haddos. I actually have a problem that when I pop a tin of Haddos, I chain smoke it till it's gone, and I forsake all other tobaccos that I have open till then. I don't ever remember it being a polarizing blend, but it is possible that Ash is just an exception to the rule.

I suggest popping the tin, and giving it a few days to acclimate, then dry it out to smoke. I... I... I just love the damned stuff.
I don't care for Haddo's Delight and I have tried to. Just not for me. Doesn't mean it isn't a good blend, it's just not a good one for me. Now, I don't find it to be as rancid as Ash does but if it were the only blend I could smoke, I'd probably cut back to one or two bowls per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.