PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
My Grand Dad smoked Amphora Brown exclusively from the time my memory kicks in (1965 or so) until 1984 when he passed. I was of course, drawn to it when I first tried a pipe over Thanksgiving break my Freshman year in College (1981). I eventually smoked the Amphora line and settled on the Red. I liked it in the big cans. When Doewe Egbert stopped importing Amphora to the U.S. I just moved on. Little did I know how many times THAT would happen in the future. The first time I saw Amphora again, I'm not sure who made it but it was a poor copy. I tried Gawith Red. This was not at all Amphora. This recent stuff by Mac Baren is pretty decent. There was just something about the cut of the old stuff that was so much more interesting. It was really easy to pack and I think it burned better too.

Mike S.

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Just opened up their Virginia blend and though it's very dry it's actually pretty good. Goes great with coffee in the morning and could be a all day smoke. No harshness or tongue bite for me. Smokes cool and has some nice traces of brown sugar sweetness every now and then. I have to say this is the first OTC tobacco I enjoy.

Feb 10, 2022
In Spain at the moment we only have Amphora Full, at a science fiction price, that is, at a very good price. For my personal taste is a very good tobacco, regardless of its quality or a thousand other things. Another tobacco of tobacconist of neighborhood, cheap and that gives you a pleasant smoke until the end. I haven't tried the other varieties yet, but I will order the whole range in SP. Holy tobacco, amen.................
I’m living in Spain too (originally from Providence, RI) and the Full is all I can find too. I like it but often mix it with oriental leaf to tone it down a little, as it certainly is full flavored.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I’m living in Spain too (originally from Providence, RI) and the Full is all I can find too. I like it but often mix it with oriental leaf to tone it down a little, as it certainly is full flavored.
Hello friend Bacco. You say you live in Spain? What a surprise, can you tell me where you are? I live in Almeria. Best regards.

Feb 10, 2022
Hello friend Bacco. You say you live in Spain? What a surprise, can you tell me where you are? I live in Almeria. Best regards.
Greetings John, I live in San Pedro Alcantara, near Marbella. I feel lucky in that the tobacco prices are good here, but we must buy from brick and mortar stores as I don’t think internet sales are allowed, correct me if I am wrong. Luckily, the selection available is decent, so I don’t feel too deprived, even though there is a lot that I can’t get my hands on.