Amphora Kentucky Blend: High-end Tobacco in a Pouch?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Not sure about the EU but in the Uk many blends moved to pouches a while back. It’s the same way that many micro-breweries in the US are back to using cans. It used to be that pouch blends were for a lower-end market but that isn’t so clear anymore.
That seems to be what the Sutliff man had to say on the smokingpipes video. They were trying to move into putting more premium lines into pouches for the American market.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Interesting, so are some recent additions to the line, and the full etc are the classic end? I’m kind of dumbstruck I didnt try this sooner, mostly bc of the pouch. Peterson put out some pouches awhile back, I tried the English, which was pretty good.
I think that's correct. I know the Kentucky, Virginia and Burley are all relatively recent having come around in just the past few years. The Original and Full Aroma are definitely old school. Not sure about the Black Cavendish version...

I like the Burley and Kentucky versions. Still need to try Full Aroma and Virginia. I thought the original had a really nice flavor but it burned a bit hot for me. Probably just a me problem.

They're all really good values. If you haven't had the St. Bruno RR, that's another great pouch resurrection by MacBaren, though it is usually a couple bucks more than Amphora.

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
I finished off the pouch a few days ago, and have to say I like it. I think I’m gonna stick with the ODF RR in bulk though. I am however going to try the Virginia and others in the near future.