adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Cornell & Diehl Aged Mozarella on artisan flatbread

McCranie's Tuscan Chicken Bruschetta Pompodoro

Dunhill's Kung Pao Pepper Steak with snow peas

Park Lane's Hot & Sour Ginseng Chicken over white rice

McClelland makes a nice Mushroom Marsala Burley with white wine sauce
And after all that, finish it off with a bowl of Boswell's Watermelon Pina-Colada Chip or Lane's Cherry Mocha Cookie-Dough.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Halfling's Leaf, 1-Q, Jack Lee's new Honey Malt, GLP Cumberland, SG Kendal Creme, Altadis Creme Brulee, and I also have to include CAO Cherry Bomb!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I generally smoke 1-Q if I'm in a place where others will notice. It's the one blend I consistently get positive comments about.
I'm happy enough to save the latakia for when I'm on the boat alone.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Boswell Berry Cobbler has the best room note of any blend I have ever tried. X-mass cookie is also quite nice.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
The tobacco I've found that has the best room note is a house blend out of a small B&M in the small town of Rainer, OR. It's called Fat Jacks Blend from Fat Jack's Tobacco. It's an aromatic blend that's pretty mild and nothing to brag about, but the room note is amazing. For me the epitome of a pipe tobacco smell/aroma is this blend.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Sutliffe Molto Dolce smells pretty good and if you like sweet it's a good blend to try.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
My recommendations for sweet tasting pipe tobaccos with a great room note:

Dan Tobacco Blue Note & Sweet Vanilla Honeydew

pipesandcigars.com Trout Stream

Almost any aromatic blend from Uhles, Boswell, or Milan Tobacconist

elwin

Lurker
May 3, 2012
For room note, my favorites are:

C&D's Autumn Evening

Tewksbury's Hobbits Weed

Lane's 1-Q

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I am a SLAVE to G&H American Blend Cherry & Vanilla. Tastes exactly the same as it smells! :worship:
Only problem for me is it has barely any nic in it so I mix it up with some Balkan. Job Done!

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
This thread needs to be stickied to the top! lol, so much info here that I want to hold onto...

Jul 15, 2011
I got two votes for this one: Altadis Vanilla Custard and CAO Eileens Dream. The Altadis Vanilla Custard smells so good in the bag I want to take a handful and chaw on it, its that good. My lady actually puts a few bowls worth of tobacco in a little dish in the living room to make the room smell good, and when it dries out after a few days, I load it up and smoke it. I swear Im not making that up. :mrgreen:
As for Eileens Dream, it bills itself as Irish Cream and White Chocolate Truffles. Tastes pretty good, a little more bland than I would like but no chemical taste, which is a plus, and the retrohale is just fantastic. Fills your nose with a smell that is almost like a cookies and cream milkshake combined with a little caramel and toffee. Just fantastic stuff.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Now do VA's taste sweeter Than say Cavendish. Just about all the blends i have now are mostly Cav with some other stuff tossed in. If it is Id like to get some stright VA to try. Right now im looking for something realy tasty with a big kick of sweetness and a great sweet lingering smell. Ive been taking notes and adding to my list of things to try.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
cavendish is a pressed VA or burley. cavendish is probably going to be sweeter than VA.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
When I want aromatics (and I love smoking them, along with my burley, English, and VA/Pers). They not only smell good, they taste good to the smoker. My absolute favorite is No Bite Delite but I also love Raspberry Cream, Christmas Cookie, and PA Dutch Treat. They're also great people to deal with.

Smokey

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Chief Catoonah's Highland Blackwatch. I am not sure what it smells like, but everyone around me when I smoke it loves it. And I like the sweet taste. McClelland's Mellow Mack has a great room note of Honey and Nuts.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
After having smelled the room note of Peterson's Holiday Season 2012 blend I have to say it probably has the best room note I've ever smelled from a pipe tobacco. A nice rich sweet fruity smell with a hint of baked apples to it. I think it'd even win the approval of some anti-smoking wierdos lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.