PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I am constantly amazed by the generosity of all of you wonderful people. A week or two ago, I posted my thoughts-kind of a review-on Samuel Gawith St James Flake, based on my recent purchase of a box in the latest drop. The consensus from many forum members was “yes, this is a great blend, but wait until you try it aged!” Of course, as a relatively new piper I had no way of trying it aged.

Enter @ashdigger. He posted in the thread and offered to send me some aged SJF, which I was thrilled about since even fresh it has quickly become one of my favorites. We PMed a few times, and he also asked if I’d tried any ropes or twists. I haven’t, so he very generously offered to throw a couple in the box.

Well, I received the box yesterday, and it contained MUCH more than SJF and “a couple of ropes and twists”. All told, @ashdigger bombed me with 23 different tobacco samples, all with age and many in quantities much larger than a simple sample. Included are many favorites that I have not yet had a chance to try aged, and a number of blends that are very high on my “try” list. All told, it’s almost 1.5 pounds of tobacco.

Not only that, but he also threw in not one, not two, but THREE pipes, all Petersons. A Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker, a K & P irishmade shape 160, and a Kapruf shape 25. The small bowls on the latter two will be perfect for sampling all of the ropes and twists he sent me.

Thank you to the pipesmagazine forum community and especially to @ashdigger. Your generosity was totally unexpected and much appreciated. I love this (virtual) place! 1F10E458-7488-44AB-B508-E0FBD5256975.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's true, the generosity here is inspiring. For me it goes back for years and includes the kind gifts of a high-end English pipe and my first ever Meer by different members. Recently, a long series of samples from different members has included samples of Watch City Slices, KBV Satura, Whiskey Biscuit Gravy, and Black Magic Woman. Thank you to all, and here's to the community we share.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I am constantly amazed by the generosity of all of you wonderful people. A week or two ago, I posted my thoughts-kind of a review-on Samuel Gawith St James Flake, based on my recent purchase of a box in the latest drop. The consensus from many forum members was “yes, this is a great blend, but wait until you try it aged!” Of course, as a relatively new piper I had no way of trying it aged.

Enter @ashdigger. He posted in the thread and offered to send me some aged SJF, which I was thrilled about since even fresh it has quickly become one of my favorites. We PMed a few times, and he also asked if I’d tried any ropes or twists. I haven’t, so he very generously offered to throw a couple in the box.

Well, I received the box yesterday, and it contained MUCH more than SJF and “a couple of ropes and twists”. All told, @ashdigger bombed me with 23 different tobacco samples, all with age and many in quantities much larger than a simple sample. Included are many favorites that I have not yet had a chance to try aged, and a number of blends that are very high on my “try” list. All told, it’s almost 1.5 pounds of tobacco.

Not only that, but he also threw in not one, not two, but THREE pipes, all Petersons. A Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker, a K & P irishmade shape 160, and a Kapruf shape 25. The small bowls on the latter two will be perfect for sampling all of the ropes and twists he sent me.

Thank you to the pipesmagazine forum community and especially to @ashdigger. Your generosity was totally unexpected and much appreciated. I love this (virtual) place! View attachment 46783
That’s two years worth of smoking to me! ? Very nice! Well done Ash, and thanks for posting this, musicman. We need to see more of this type of kindness, in our unkind world.

He is a very generous person! I had a similar interaction with him a few days ago on Hal O’ The Wynd and he has sent a sample my way, which I would hopefully receive tomorrow.
Earlier also, I bought some pipes from him, at an unbelievable price and he added a bunch of tobacco and other pipes. I posted a thread about that, just like you did, and everyone chimed in on his generosity.

While this thread is about ashdigger, I would give a shout out to another member @danimalia who gifted by a bunch of nice cigars. Thank you to both of you!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It's true, the generosity here is inspiring. For me it goes back for years and includes the kind gifts of a high-end English pipe and my first ever Meer by different members. Recently, a long series of samples from different members has included samples of Watch City Slices, KBV Satura, Whiskey Biscuit Gravy, and Black Magic Woman. Thank you to all, and here's to the community we share.
yeah the only other place I've seen such generosity has been at SnuffHouse forum. I got a similar haul of pipe tobaccos after mentioning how long it had been since I had any. That's also how I discovered Five Brothers. Which is clearly one of my favorites cause I think I've smoked more of that stuff then anything else (mainly cause my little pipe only really takes that and Semois alternating weekly.

RodneyPierce

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2020
Marion, IA
yeah the only other place I've seen such generosity has been at SnuffHouse forum. I got a similar haul of pipe tobaccos after mentioning how long it had been since I had any. That's also how I discovered Five Brothers. Which is clearly one of my favorites cause I think I've smoked more of that stuff then anything else (mainly cause my little pipe only really takes that and Semois alternating weekly.

Quite common in the cigar world as well. Its awesome to see!