Am I Missing Something With This Peterson?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2020
Casa Cugat, California
personally, it was a PLip that helped facilitate my retro-haling some 15 years ago. since, that experience has carried over to my revisiting previously chartered blends, (both pipe & cigar) which birthed new life into each and my subsequent experiences ever since. granted, it's of no consequence nowadays, Lip type. But having more tools in your shed is never a bad idea. If you can hunt down an alternative mouth piece for that guy, it'd def be worth it imho, as it is quite a nice looking piece. My 2 cents worth for hopefully more than a penny's worth of thought ?

Reactions: BROBS
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
PLip stems are designed to hit the roof of your mouth. If your mouth heats up you might be puffing too hard.

I have several PLip pipes and really like them. Some folks think they’re the scourge of humanity, right after Justin Beiber.

Gorgeous pipe!!
I often see people who think the p lip is the solution to tongue bite and I always warn them, if you smoke too hot it'll just burn the roof of your mouth. I have no complaints about the p lip. I really enjoy every one I've smoked. Proper cadence is the key, no matter the bit.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Yup. I also have the p-lip a bit further back. I never thought about it until this thread, but I also tend to smoke aro's or english tobaccos when smoking them, as opposed to Va or Burleys. Cooler burning tobaccos may also help.

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
[
personally, it was a PLip that helped facilitate my retro-haling some 15 years ago. since, that experience has carried over to my revisiting previously chartered blends, (both pipe & cigar) which birthed new life into each and my subsequent experiences ever since. granted, it's of no consequence nowadays, Lip type. But having more tools in your shed is never a bad idea. If you can hunt down an alternative mouth piece for that guy, it'd def be worth it imho, as it is quite a nice looking piece. My 2 cents worth for hopefully more than a penny's worth of thought ?
Did you have it further in your mouth also?

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
I often see people who think the p lip is the solution to tongue bite and I always warn them, if you smoke too hot it'll just burn the roof of your mouth. I have no complaints about the p lip. I really enjoy every one I've smoked. Proper cadence is the key, no matter the bit.
It's not the heat, it's more the feeling, I suppose. I don't burn my mouth. I will give it a go further in my mouth

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
Yup. I also have the p-lip a bit further back. I never thought about it until this thread, but I also tend to smoke aro's or english tobaccos when smoking them, as opposed to Va or Burleys. Cooler burning tobaccos may also help.
Yep, I'll give it a blast with an english, further in my mouth and hopefully have more luck

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I found that P-lip Petes are not for me either. I just don't understand how they make anything better. They are just too uncomfortable and sending smoke to the roof of my mouth and having to insert the pipe further into my mouth just doesn't make sense to me. There are better ways to stop tongue bite.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Also all p lips are different. The meer ones do seem to have a small “plip hole”. ?
It could most likely be opened up a bit.
You know, just ream in the plip hole a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.