Alright, Serious Question of The Day: How Do You Like Your Eggs?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Hard Boiled with Salt and Pepper, or Well Done with the same, or maybe a sprinkling of Prince Albert over said dishes, for that woodsy, with a slight nuttiness down to earth flavor. 8O

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I make breakfast burritos a lot. I’ll doctor up the scrambled eggs in different ways. Ham, churrizo, pickled jalapeños or green onions. Then re fried beans, cheese, sriracha sometimes. Another way I learned from my wife. Over easy egg over rice. You add a heaping tea spoon of oyster sauce on top. Then mix it all up and chow down. Kids love it. They also like Japanese omelette, hard boiled with salt or soy sauce hard boiled eggs. Luckily we keep chickens because the growing boys go through eggs like it’s nobody’s business.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Egg in a hole.
Growing up in Hawaii, a popular dish was loco moco. A bed of rice with a burger, egg and gravy of some sort on top. Havnt had it in years but i loved it as a kid.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
It definitely depends on the rest of the dish. Can you imagine huevos rancheros with scrambled eggs? That would be a crime. I would say I most often go for over medium.

Jan 8, 2013
Scrambled or an omelette. So many different things you can add to each of those. But my favorite is scrambled with chorizo on a tortilla with cheese, salsa, and a bit of sour cream.... so freaking good!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Do not leave me alone in a room with a plate of "deviled eggs!" Most especially if you will want one.
You and me both Warren. Just had some the other day. We don't have a family gathering without them and my mom has to make an extra plate full of them or she won't have enough for everyone else. After eating a whole plateful, however, you may want to leave me in a room to myself...

Jan 8, 2013
I'm the same with deviled eggs. They are indeed one of the greatest food inventions of all time. They are also great for eating when you want to be left alone :mrgreen:

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Scrambled and finished with a small spoon of crème fraîche stirred in with some chopped chives and served with smoked salmon or some really good British smoked bacon and sourdough toast.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
th

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Sunny side up on top of corn beef hash made from scratch & hash browns on the side. With a big heavy ceramic diner mug of black coffee.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Picked up a box of those last night. Love Creme Eggs!
You're welcome to them. Cadbury was very close to our hearts over here and its takeover by Kraft a sore subject. I used to love them and they were as British as roast beef and cask ale but ever since Kraft took over our beloved Cadbury things have been changing and not for the better. The creme egg is not the one we all grew up with and has a nastiness about it now which leaves a bitter foul taste in my mouth much like the companies lies and actions did after the takeover. I don't buy Cadbury anymore and confess to feeling a little sad at this time of year because instead of buying the little eggs I walk straight past them and their cheap and nasty new recipe.

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Another south central PA native here (born in Hershey), had to chime in on Scrapple. 9 out of 10 people I speak to here in Virginia have no clue what it is. My grocery store did actually carry some, but whoever they catered to must have passed away, because it's not longer on the shelves. I may have to step into the shoes and request it.
My favorite way of preparing is to slice across the short side of a cold loaf in 1/8-inch slices, roll each in fine cornmeal, and place in a preheated cast iron skillet with a tiny bit of bacon grease. Wait until the top of each looks real soft and there's some bubbles around the edges, and flip ONCE, then continue until crispy almost throughout. Serve hot with some maple syrup (ala north central PA style).

Status
Not open for further replies.