Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Just to make you guys aware in case you didn't see it stuck to the top ...
I haven't had the need to post this before, but I think we need it now that we are bigger.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/forum-rules-read-before-posting-please

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
This is an ongoing problem with a number of sites and is not likely

to go away. Some sites require that the rules be read and signed off

on, prior to membership being allowed. This could be a benefit.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Guys,
I think Kevin has it right.

We have had a number of great members that have committed a faux pax.

A simple explanation of the nature of their inadvertent error and generally all is well, they go on to be excellent members, imparting to, and learning from the the knowledge of other members.

I believe everybody deserves second chance.
Then there are those who couldn't care less about their fellow members. Spammers may always be with us online, just not in here. :)
This is a great bunch of guys and gals.

I'm proud to be a member.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I'm proud to be a member of Pipesmagazine.com, though the GF thinks I spend way too much time on here. Women (non pipe smoking wives/gfs/significant others/etc.)will never understand. :)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Someone's account was removed and banned this morning after they received two warnings via personal email from me. The member never posted in the forums, but liked to make blog posts that would appear on the home page which were big blatant advertisements for his eBay stuff he was selling.
I didn't send a third email. I just pressed the red button.
bigredbutton.jpg

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
That has to be one of the least fun aspects of running a public website.
There must be way more moderating going on than I'm aware of.
Mostly, people here seem like a great group that I'd enjoy hanging out with in the real world, beside the virtual one.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Sounds good Kevin. As long as I can use the occasional profanity, veiled by the bleep grammar (e.g., #@%*) of course, then I'm cool. Once that's outlawed then I won't be able to fully express myself. I'll try to restrain myself on your site though. My posts I know have been too long and take up too much space. Get carried away. But there's a reason: Since I've been 20+ yrs. in the dark, smoking my pipes in solitary incognito, I feel like the Gay folks do when they come out of the closet (I wont say anything more on this subject, as that's a hell of a controversial issue for sure). Want the whole world to know about my pipe smoking. Tired of hiding in the dark, if you know what I mean.
By the way, I was just thinking, and I'm posting this for everyone out there, I have a bunch of friends on Facebook (e.g., students, work colleagues, neighbors, wifes' friends etc.) and then I have a bunch of new friends that I have met on line here at your great website. The two sets of friends live in separate virtual quarters now, and my idea was to merge them. Hell, I can use as many friends as possible. Also, my Facebook folks don't smoke, and I know they see me smoking my pipes as something boarding on criminality and I want to set them straight. If they know about this site and who is writing on it, and the history behind it, then I think that would go some ways for them to accept what I like to do.
Anyhoo, that's all for now. Give me fingers a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.