PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
For me and all day smoke is just that.
Something that taste good and I can smoke multiple bowls.
I like 1Q, HGL & RPL-6 all Lane tobacco for my all day smokes.
But I like my Early Morning, Night Cap & Va Per’s for morning and evenings.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My all day smoke is any blend I pull out to smoke on that given day. I usually only have 3 or 4 bowls, but sometimes I'll have 5 or 6. Just depends on how long I spend in the shop on that given day.

Some of my favorites are Dunhill - Early Morning Pipe, Samuel Gawith - Skiff Mixture, Peter Stokkebye - Balkan Supreme, Lane Limited - 1Q, Seattle Pipe Club - Mississippi River.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
I'd say Exclusive, Five Brothers, Escudo, Super Balkan. I could smoke any of those all day. Usually it is Escudo or a Virginia in the morning and one of the other three all day. I usually just bring one blend with me during the day.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
For me it's a tobacco that's simple to smoke, one that I'm not look for nuance or mystical scents buried deep into the fabric of the tobacco. My recommendation would be a Peter Stokkebye blend of which he has two, cube cut and luxury English. They are great value for money and just easy codger'ish like in smoking quality.

Reactions: blackpowderpiper
G

Gimlet

I should add that my all day blends are smoked whilst clenching. I light my pipe and very rarely take it out unless I forget to press the cherry with my finger and need to relight so an all day blend has to stay lit too.
I'm the same. And it all the more important it stays lit as it seems to be impossible these days to buy a lighter that actually works.

Reactions: bearwolf56

Snakeseye

Lurker
Aug 15, 2021
Israel
all day would be something that is easy to puff on, of course slow smoking is ideal and it's good to practice that and be able to do that consistently but realistically for me it does happen when i do puff fast if I'm distracted or doing something else, so something which isn't especially bitey is a good quality for an all day smoke.
other factors are how well it stays lit, how easy/difficult it is to get it going, how consistent it is from bowl to bowl, the cut.
and of course the flavour, I'd want something that is not very extreme to any direction, something which is calm, simple, satisfying, lighter. something that does have some depth and nuances when you smoke slow and pay close attention. comforting.
the nicotine content would also be a factor for a lot of people, you need something that won't knock you over if you smoke a lot of it, but also something that will satisfy the need.
if you drink coffee, i feel it should also go well with coffee :)
some picks I can think about for me:
Granger
Briar Fox
Newminster 403
Mac Baren Mixture: Scottish Blend
probably more im forgetting.
that being said I don't catch myself smoke the same blend a few times a day, but I do have periods I smoke the same blend every day or so, and then rotate to something else.

Reactions: bearwolf56