PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I think it’s pretty clear that you can’t go wrong either way. Whatever you decide, please be sure to share some pictures! The Meerschaum madness is strong this March! I will say, I’m not giving my briars up but now that I have an IMP, I’m a fan of Meerschaum pipes and I plan on getting more down the road.

@metalheadycigarguy, before I pulled the trigger on a Meer, I was doing some research, I watched one of your Meerschaum videos.. the one where the shank broke, that broke my heart man, gave me Meerschaum Sadness, you took it surprisingly well, haha. Did you end up getting that repaired or was it beyond repair?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I think it’s pretty clear that you can’t go wrong either way. Whatever you decide, please be sure to share some pictures! The Meerschaum madness is strong this March! I will say, I’m not giving my briars up but now that I have an IMP, I’m a fan of Meerschaum pipes and I plan on getting more down the road.

@metalheadycigarguy, before I pulled the trigger on a Meer, I was doing some research, I watched one of your Meerschaum videos.. the one where the shank broke, that broke my heart man, gave me Meerschaum Sadness, you took it surprisingly well, haha. Did you end up getting that repaired or was it beyond repair?
It kills me every time I pick up that pipe. :( I used a small amount of super glue, being careful not to get any inside the shank, don't want to inhale that, and was able to glue it back together. It was a pretty clean break, so it went back together well. It now looks like it has a crack in it. I don't smoke it a lot because its a large pipe, but I'll pull it off the shelf from time to time.

Reactions: hawky454 and yanoJL