PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There should be rules to limit this shit. Global agreements and rules..

Didn't think you'd hear me advocate for global agreements and rules, did you?
Well, I would certainly agree with limiting it...but if the public is already being shown these things, it means there's a good chance there are already giant warehouses full of them somewhere.

b09d3db017610133f882005056a9545d

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Well, I would certainly agree with limiting it...but if the public is already being shown these things, it means there's a good chance there are already giant warehouses full of them somewhere.

b09d3db017610133f882005056a9545d
Yeah, just like with "wearable tech" and "implantable tech": lots of ninnies think these things are actually very cool. :rolleyes:

Reactions: brian64

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
This cheered me up no end! Lol
The robot had been competing against little ruskies for 15 years, without a problem. We can only imagine what a little rotter this particular child was to cause such a violent reaction from the robot. A prepubescent Putin trying to cheat at chess & he gets his finger broken. Harsh but fair I'd say.?

• Haha
Reactions: mawnansmiff
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
This cheered me up no end! Lol
The robot had been competing against little ruskies for 15 years, without a problem. We can only imagine what a little rotter this particular child was to cause such a violent reaction from the robot. A prepubescent Putin trying to cheat at chess & he gets his finger broken. Harsh but fair I'd say.?

They said it's because the kid moved to suddenly... That sounds like an excuse you would hear from the owner of a vicious dog.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
Often when I look at a painting or listen to a piece of music what holds my attention the most is thinking about the person behind it. Their struggles, their pain and their joy and how they used those things to create something out of it. Without the idea or pondering about the artist, as a human, their is no art to me.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
They said it's because the kid moved to suddenly... That sounds like an excuse you would hear from the owner of a vicious dog.
No, read it again. The robot hadn't completed his move when the moscovan whipper snapper went in to move his chess piece . That sir is bad form! Likely to get you black balled from the Diogenes club or a punch up the throat down the pub. A lesson hard learned for the youngster but a lesson learned all the same. Despite the pain & having his hand in a cast, it will do the boy good. If nothing else, it will stop him 'playing with himself' for a few weeks anyway. Lol

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
That’s impressive and kewl. I use text to speech generation for some explainer videos and it has gotten quite realistic. Artificial intelligence is sorely needed since organic intelligence in so many people has sunk to a depressing level.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus