PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Bustin' on drummers is just how we do homie! I love me a good drummer, and can always tell the stage is level when they drool out of both sides of their mouth at the same time.

Ginger Baker was a prodigiously talented drummer. I watched that "beware of Mr. Baker" documentary, and felt a strange mix of grief and pity for him. His curmudgeon game was off the charts!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
This blend seems to benefit as much as any from age. New, I think it is rather dull. With age, the sweetness and spice really develop.
I bought two tins on a recent drop... One to smoke, and one to age. I was really expecting to like this blend as I have tended to enjoy the darker, stoves VAs. But the fresh tin has just been... Alright. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but nothing all that special either. I enjoy FVF and Marlin Flake quite a bit more in that same kind of stoved/darker VA category. I figured it would age well, and might buy more for just that purpose.

Great review, OP!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I did have this one written down on my Tabac List, but it’s sounding like a nice aged tin is the way to go. Hmm

Are there Cavendish bits/flavor in it?

I’m finding myself more of a Red VA smoker, I just started smoking Solani 633 and enjoying it, but it has Perique.

I did want to try the Wessex: Red Virginia Flake, but Jim said it’s more of an intro/starter Red I believe he said on a review.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I smoked another bowl tonight. It was terrible! (even better than the first bowl!)
This blend is awful! (as I was smoking it, I kept thinking to myself, this is that ideal aged va flavor you hope for! Sweet, rich, toasty. The lingering aftertaste might be just as good as the smoke. ) I do not recommend this blend to anyone else. It's not worth your trouble. Don't buy any. (no one can read what I put in these brackets right?)

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I smoked another bowl tonight. It was terrible! (even better than the first bowl!)
This blend is awful! (as I was smoking it, I kept thinking to myself, this is that ideal aged va flavor you hope for! Sweet, rich, toasty. The lingering aftertaste might be just as good as the smoke. ) I do not recommend this blend to anyone else. It's not worth your trouble. Don't buy any. (no one can read what I put in these brackets right?)
You're safe for now as it's sold out almost everywhere. And thanks for not mentioning Astley's no 44.

Status
Not open for further replies.