PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Merton

I wonder if any of you have had experience buying tobacco from Estervals. I would like to order some holiday blends ( Peterson, Rattray, Gawith) but the cost of shipping to the U.S. seems a bit dear and I am concerned about customs etc. Any thoughts or experiences?

Reactions: artvandelay007

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
All of my orders have been smooth as silk. The discounts I've received have saved me far more money that the shipping fee has cost me.
I get the blends I can't get here because it's not distributed in the US or sold out at the popular online stores, often at lower prices than the US online stores.
It takes about 2 weeks for my orders to arrive.

Reactions: peregrinus

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I had one order come in about a week behind another order I had placed the week after. It was hung up in Customs in New York. Estervals sends tracking info so you can see where it's at.

I've never had an issue with fees or customs on anything from them. I'm in Arizona and my packages arrive typically in two to three weeks. One took four weeks as mentioned above.

Reactions: peregrinus

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
They take about 3 weeks for me, but without issue. Great deals to be had if you wait for the “VIP Export area” to activate after creating your account.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Several orders so far with no problems. A couple of weeks on average to my doorstep. Order enough to make it worthwhile. Not hard, they have many fine blends impossible or difficult to get here in the states from other vendors.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
I placed a order on a Friday and received it the following Friday. I bought items that are not readily available here in both pipe tobacco and cigars.... That made the shipping cost worth it. Great experience and will order again in the future

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Sorry for the thread resurrection - but I'm also interested to see if Canadians have had any customs issues on ordering from Erstval's. I haven't risked imports yet other than 4noggins/smokingpipes... but I'd love to order a few 100g tins of Rattray's Hal O' The Wind and some of the HU blends.
Anyone from Canada have experience ordering from here? Pm me if you have

Reactions: seanv

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
@ seanv & olkofri ~ I think I might just have to place a small order and see what happens (dip my toe in). If I do get any PM's I'll let you know.

Reactions: olkofri
Status
Not open for further replies.