PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skapie

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2017
NSW, Australia
Reloading handgun ammunition. It usually a very monotonous process, but does require concentration. I found that smoking a pipe while doing so makes it quite a bit more enjoyable.
Of course care has to be taken when dealing with the propellant.

thebrownleaf

Lurker
Feb 24, 2018
Improved - writing reports, watering the garden, walking the dog, fishing, sitting by the campfire...
Not improved - fueling the car, visiting the respiratory ward, and sleeping.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Pipesmoking is the essential activity. A better question would be: which activities enhance the pleasures of pipesmoking. There aren't many. Maybe drinking something. So that's what everyone should be doing all the time. Smoking and drinking stuff.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
So that's what everyone should be doing all the time. Smoking and drinking stuff.
That's what I've been telling my wife and mortgage company for some time now. They don't understand.
jay-roger.jpg

Edited by jvnshr: Quote from Deathmetal's post and the response to it has been edited out.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I had to really think about this one since nearly everything is better with a pipe. Watching the wife's tv shows.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Sitting by the campfire. I am a roadway construction inspector so when I get the chance for a break and get to sit back, watch the construction process and smoke a bowl...well let's just say the word day goes much better.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Watching the wife's tv shows. lol

This inspired me to think of family gatherings. When the alcohol starts flowing a pipe break can be a saving grace.

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
Listening to the rain fall on the tin roof with the occasional roll of distant thunder.
Also, sitting by the fireplace while watching some early Spring snow fall.
Both are very fine pipe imbibing activities, imo. :puffy:

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Just about any necessary day-to-day chore around the homestead is transformed from a bother to a pleasure with good music & a good bowl of baccy in my pipe

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You've never met my girlfriend :wink:
Wouldn't matter. Total lack of interest here for many years. If not money, tobacco, or alcohol related, I won't raise an eyebrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.