Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in my pipesmoking, I thought the same. But, after years of being the pipesmoking guy who walks his dog in town every night, and the local fish wrapper did a whole article on the "pipe guy" that pissed off a few other folks in town who wanted to be the town pipesmoker, including our mayor and fire chief. With the Briary in the next town over and an ever growing large pipe community... I stopped going to pipe club meetings because they were getting so large that it was like a party, and I don't do parties, or large groups. At this point if I haven't done my part to increase pipe smoking, then so be it. Besides, why would I want to increase the amount of competition for my favorite blends?

At this point my suggestions to people are to return to cigarettes or try cigars. Pipes are just too hard for the average person. I really really don't want more competition for my favorite blends. It's fairly obvious that these companies will not increase production to keep up with demand. So... screw off, go away, don't smoke pipes it's not good for you, don't set next to me, and go f&^% yourself. :puffy:
But, at one time, I was all unicorn farts and rainbows. That was before I couldn't set in peace and enjoy my pipe in the parking lot while my wife shopped. Now, it's all, "what kinds of pipes do you like?" :puffy:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm asocial and do not suffer fools gladly. It's not a cross to bear. I won't intrude on a stranger's solitude and ... expect and demand the same consideration from others. I have enough acquaintances. I have enough friends!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Earlier in my pipesmoking, I thought the same. But, after years of being the pipesmoking guy who walks his dog in town every night, and the local fish wrapper did a whole article on the "pipe guy" that pissed off a few other folks in town who wanted to be the town pipesmoker, including our mayor and fire chief. With the Briary in the next town over and an ever growing large pipe community... I stopped going to pipe club meetings because they were getting so large that it was like a party, and I don't do parties, or large groups.
ParchedForcefulHarpseal-small.gif

I kid I kid....

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I spotted a pipe smoker standing on the curb in Tyrone, Pennsylvania about two years ago. I blew past him in my car while fighting for control of the steering wheel, such was my shock--and I ain't exaggerating too much. Before that it seems like decades since I'd seen a pipester in the wild, or at least since the premium cigar craze of the '90s.
Then a couple of months ago I was in a local gas station and a bearded guy and his woman in a pickup passed by at the pumps. He was smoking a Peterson like the one in my avatar. He had the scowl of a curmudgeon and was traveling at a good clip, so I squelched my initial impulse to run after him and make myself obnoxious. I was quite affected by the encounter, kind of like stumbling into another era. The glow, or whatever it was, lasted all day.
So let's see: two guys in three decades. Yep. It's a rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.