PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
I only go to the French Quarter while I’m in New Orleans.
Only cigar shop’s down there.
One or two of them sell a little tobacco.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Hit up Pat O Brien’s for a Hurricane or Lafitte's Blacksmith shop for a drink. As said only cigar shops now
In the Qtr. As a native from New Orleans best advice is to keep your wits about you and stick with the crowded areas. Also packing some heat isn't a bad idea either. I Don't know what your accommodations are but the Monteleone and Royal Sonesta are worth the extra expense.
I hope you have a great time.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yeah just pay attention to were you are. The locals can be a bit crazy i blame the food too much of a good thing. And one thing the rough parts of town often butt up against fancier bits so pay attention and enjoy one of the most fun cities anywhere. Also if you pay you and you're friends can be a parade

Reactions: PaulRVA

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Mayan imports is a good little shop on Magazine St. it’s uptown so you’ll need transportation of some sort. You can take an Uber if you’d like the direct route. Or… You could take the streetcar (the green ones) from Canal St in the quarter & ride it to 7th & St Charles. From there it’s a few blocks walk up 7th St to Magazine. Head towards the river, (possibly north, we don’t use cardinal directions here) or map it. I recommend the streetcar because it’s a fun way to see some of the city & it’s only a buck & a quarter (bring exact change). Do Not go the wrong way on 7th! You’ll end up in Central City & bad things might happen.
Mayan has a decent selection of pipe tobacco & a great selection of cigars. The staff is friendly & knowledgeable. There’s a few tables inside & a few more outside to sit & enjoy a smoke. You can get a to go beverage at one of the bars nearby & bring it to the shop if you like. If you get hungry, Joey-K’s is a top notch, no frills New Orleans restaurant & they’re across the street.
There’s a few other tobacco shops that carry pipe tobacco, but they’re in Metairie. If I hear of any others, I’ll post or dm you. Enjoy your time here!

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Mayan imports is a good little shop on Magazine St. it’s uptown so you’ll need transportation of some sort. You can take an Uber if you’d like the direct route. Or… You could take the streetcar (the green ones) from Canal St in the quarter & ride it to 7th & St Charles. From there it’s a few blocks walk up 7th St to Magazine. Head towards the river, (possibly north, we don’t use cardinal directions here) or map it. I recommend the streetcar because it’s a fun way to see some of the city & it’s only a buck & a quarter (bring exact change). Do Not go the wrong way on 7th! You’ll end up in Central City & bad things might happen.
Mayan has a decent selection of pipe tobacco & a great selection of cigars. The staff is friendly & knowledgeable. There’s a few tables inside & a few more outside to sit & enjoy a smoke. You can get a to go beverage at one of the bars nearby & bring it to the shop if you like. If you get hungry, Joey-K’s is a top notch, no frills New Orleans restaurant & they’re across the street.
There’s a few other tobacco shops that carry pipe tobacco, but they’re in Metairie. If I hear of any others, I’ll post or dm you. Enjoy your time here!
What he said. It’s not too far from downtown New Orleans and a nice shop!

Silverback

Might Stick Around
Feb 26, 2019
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Thanks for the info everyone. I'll stick to the areas recommended. I'm not one to go exploring in a strange city...hell I don't explore in Philly and I grew up going there. Thanks again.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hit the beautiful Roosevelt Hotel for their signature Sazerac cocktail.
You can enjoy your pipe on many open patios.
And Frenchmen Street for music.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
When exactly will you be in New Orleans? Our next pipe club meeting is on Nov. 30.

There were some good suggestions and Mayan Imports on Magazine St. is good but for pipe smokers the best place is Mayan Imports, 3540 18th St. in Metairie. (If you are flying into New Orleans you basically have to go through Metairie to get to New Orleans.)

Silverback

Might Stick Around
Feb 26, 2019
The conference is in Metairie so I'll google search for them.

Silverback

Might Stick Around
Feb 26, 2019
When exactly will you be in New Orleans? Our next pipe club meeting is on Nov. 30.

There were some good suggestions and Mayan Imports on Magazine St. is good but for pipe smokers the best place is Mayan Imports, 3540 18th St. in Metairie. (If you are flying into New Orleans you basically have to go through Metairie to get to New Orleans.)
I'll be there 12/4-12/8
Sounds like Mayan Imports is worth a visit

Thank you