PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
As previously mentioned, the FDA regulations put a halt to that project. I could work on the blend and tell people the recipe, but it would have to be pressed, and that might present a problem for some people.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Russ, probably most pipe smokers don't have the equipment to press tobacco blends effectively, nor to stove them in a professional way, but the information on that, and recipes are of continuing interest. I hope your work will be available both in hard copy book form and online. I don't call my home concoctions blends, since I don't really process them, but I call them mixes, sometimes aged. I'm intrigued by blends (or mixes) that use condiment tobaccos other than Latakia and Perique, not because I don't like those, but because they have been so continually used in so many blends.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Russ,
For what it's worth I think there are quite a few of us that would love to see a recipe for Penzance and Stonehaven. I would think with the volume of information on these forums, creating a press should be a nonissue.
Thanks for your consideration of the request Russ!

Status
Not open for further replies.