PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Just popped positive for COVID this morning at the quick-care clinic. Yay ‘Rona! ?
My senses of taste and smell are flat, but not completely gone. Awful headache, and body aches/chills/fever. Thankfully no respiratory symptoms. Not sure if I had it in March or not, but if so, this is round 2 for me. The joys of being a school teacher. The worst part honestly is that I’ll be quarantining through Christmas. ?
I don’t want to complain too much, there are folks that have died from this shit, and my symptoms are pretty mild compared to some other cases.
Just kind of stinks that the night I get off work for Christmas break is when I start feeling bad. No worries though. We’ll get through it. I’m trying to stay isolated in my bedroom for the time being.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Hang in there, and get well soon!

My wife is also a teacher, and she’s immunocompromised as well. She’s been on leave since her school went back in person and hoping to return in early 2021 after being vaccinated.

My best friend is a teacher too, and he had in in October. He was fortunate to have a mild case. Here’s to hoping yours stays mild as well!

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Hang in there, and get well soon!

My wife is also a teacher, and she’s immunocompromised as well. She’s been on leave since her school went back in person and hoping to return in early 2021 after being vaccinated.
I hope they are still paying her. We have students in class but we also have virtual students, too. We’ve had some teachers that have health issues teach from home. I’m not sure if they tried to schedule kids so that those teachers have only virtual students or what.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Just popped positive for COVID this morning at the quick-care clinic. Yay ‘Rona! ?
My senses of taste and smell are flat, but not completely gone. Awful headache, and body aches/chills/fever. Thankfully no respiratory symptoms. Not sure if I had it in March or not, but if so, this is round 2 for me. The joys of being a school teacher. The worst part honestly is that I’ll be quarantining through Christmas. ?
I don’t want to complain too much, there are folks that have died from this shit, and my symptoms are pretty mild compared to some other cases.
Just kind of stinks that the night I get off work for Christmas break is when I start feeling bad. No worries though. We’ll get through it. I’m trying to stay isolated in my bedroom for the time being.
Sounds like you’ve got a responsible handle on this and a positive outlook. Sorry to hear you’re sick but great job on handling it this way. Wishing you the speediest of complete recoveries!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My sister teaches college level courses in the Chicago area and the transition to online teaching, Zoom and email, is the most stress she's had in years. My late wife (I'm remarried) was a professor, which taught me that I am not sociable enough to teach, but it is such important work.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The quarantine and isolation were far worse than the symptoms in my case.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Hydrate, keep eating, rest a lot. May your healing be soon, and comfortable.
You bring up a good point. I was shocked when I got on the bathroom scale this morning. I have lost seven pounds just since Friday night.
I really haven’t been eating or drinking anything. I feel a lot better today though, and I’ll probably eat something here in a bit.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Stay positive and get plenty of rest. Rest is something that helped me get through my bout with the Rona. I used to be a teacher (both wife and I) and have lots of teacher friends who all had this same worry they'd get sick right after school lets out.

Maybe you'll have some extra time to make some Sicilian Christmas cookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.