Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love Latin.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
"Who longs for peace should prepare for war," about right there, Mission?
Fnord

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I got lucky after trying 20 or so blends, that I found my favorite very quickly. Cheap, readily available, and old (post 2007 by a long shot). I've been smoking it for about 4 years now.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I could see doing this. With repetition, one finds nuance. And there are some good candidates for the eternal blend...

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Al said:
Kidding aside, I typically really do smoke MM965 98% of the time.
Just curious if you've shopped around for a replacement and if so, if you've had any luck.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Just curious if you've shopped around for a replacement and if so, if you've had any luck.
So far, no. Les Young was on a mission to have me test all of the 965 matches out there. So far, nothing is quite the same (I attribute this to the Brown cavendish). I have a boat-load (but realize the flavor will fade).

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Lately I've been finding myself reaching for PS Luxury Twist Flake far more frequently but I do have a ton of different blends at home.
My brother on the other hand only smokes Nat Sherman 509.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've been married to the same woman for 42 years....
In all other things I prefer variety.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
in order to avoid all my spending money go on tobacco I'm forced to keep my cellar limited-something various burley forward blend, yet some quality VaPers and some medium Virginas flake.All non aromatics, Perhaps I could consider smoking only 3-4 various blends all along once I have decided what I like best,so far couldnt have figure this diallema out,,

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
This may be a question for a second "piggy-back" post, but I want to ask for some elaboration. Several folks have said they are a one-blend smoker (or that they have a primary blend they smoke 50% of the time or more), but they don't mention what blend that is! So my question is, what is your primary, go-to smoke?
My two cents: I've been smoking a lot of OGS and PS LTF lately. I also just got a tub each of Chatham Manor and Lane Limited Ready Rub, which I've been enjoying, too.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
" I can't imagine it, if for no other reason than because I wouldn't want to smoke a Latakia blend either always or never."
Funny how different we all are. I am exactly the opposite, I wouldn't be smoking a pipe if Latakia didn't exist.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Close to always having been a 1 blend guy. That is have always only smoked 2 blends at a time, though what those blends have been has changed over time. Could easily stick with the 2 I like now forever, (if they continue to be made), ODF and C&D Odessa. But no way could I only do 1 blend. That would be too little variety for me.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
"I have a completely groundless and unproveable theory that being a one-blend smoker is easier if you have a very limited number of choices available".
I agree with this. Also, if you are a relative newcomer like me to pipe smoking(4 years),then starting out with so many blends to choose from and getting hundreds of different recommendations makes it doubly hard. I still haven't found a "favorite" one but could name maybe 5 of my preferred ones. And that would probably be different 6 months from now.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Several folks have said they are a one-blend smoker (or that they have a primary blend they smoke 50% of the time or more), but they don't mention what blend that is!
That's so it stays in stock. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.