PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I've found no pad to use with 120 in the home.
Al, you should be able to use a converter, 120-12 volt.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VEC004ARB-AC-DC-Converter-Travel-Mate-Converts-120-to-12-Volt-Rubbermaid-New-NIB/223307474223?hash=item33fe29a52f:g:1YUAAOSwhnhbqwVN

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks Davet, that might work (although the descriptor says converts 120 to 12v, I need 12v to 120), the plugs look like they would work.
I did search again, and found a few 120v options, but the reviews were so horrible, I didn't take the chance. On the several models I found, there were too many "worked for a few days, junk, etc." type reviews. That was in the $50 range. Moving up, you can spend $300 or so for a heat/massage chair. I don't need the massage nor want to spend that amount of money. I'll continue to look.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Duck blind: A place to hide from ducks so you can surprise them with loud guns...also known to be a place to hide from your wife and drink beer."
Thank you, I learn so much on this forum...... :)
Regards,
Jay.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What I've been looking for, to no avail, is a heated pad to put on it. You can buy them all day, every day for cars, with a 12V power cord.
not to hijack the thread, but I recently hooked up my old car stereo to my work bench and ran into a similar issue with voltage. The solution is to use an old laptop power supply to convert your normal household voltage into 12v.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I have to say that I admire those of you who have the talent and ability to work with wood. It is truly a gift. My ability pretty much ends with deer stands and duck blinds. Although I do not have a wood shop, I do have my Man Cave. This is where I retreat to so I can contemplate the issues of the day, or what tobacco I am going to smoke next, (usually they are one and the same).

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Contemplation and relaxation chair in the cave.....
cavechair-337x600.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For a shop, I like the saddle seat stool idea, for mobility and comfort. However, I can recommend a rocking chair in anyone's life. When you are older, it provides some motion and adjustment in position that eases your back and hip and knee joints, and for younger folks, it can give you some motion even when you're sitting that is a good outlet for stress and excess energy. I think the shift in gravity also helps digestion.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Duck hunters are crazy, but the ones who hunt from blinds are at least semi-intelligent. Blinds are useful for nearly all pursuers of wildlife targets.
BTW, for any who might question why duck hunters are whack, you're talking about people who get up in sub-freezing weather about 2.75 hours before oh-dark-30 (birds look down out of the trees & say "You damn fool, what are YOU doing up!?!"), all in the hope of getting 2 shots at a small flight they'll never see again, & then hike 5 miles back to civilization (the clearing where you left the truck) to go eat breakfast at Denny's, which is the only sensible part of the whole thing.
I've, er, done it a lot, which probably doesn't surprise anybody here at all....
Bill

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Duck Hunting, not for everyone, but for some, just a way of life. I love it!! Wish the seasons were longer. This year I went out with two other hunters for a three day hunt. We managed to bag 56 birds. It was beyond awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.